51 yr old auto mechanic builds his first PC

looks realy good ☺

The peripherals I am using now are junk. (Literally, it's crap that I've had for years.) I want to go to a mechanical keyboard, but haven't really researched that yet. I haven't decided on a monitor yet either, I'll look into a 21:9 monitor. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've have a similar build to this and I'm extremely happy with it. I bought a windforce r9 290, though. I know that the Sapphire ones are probably much better. I got mine before I realized that and I was impatient.

There are switch samplers. I saw a Jayztwocents video where he talked about one from Coolermaster that comes with a deal: You buy a sampler and if you buy a mechanical keyboard afterwards the price of the sampler will be deducted of the keyboard. I do not know if that still works, maybe give them a call their store has a phone number listed.
I bought one from ebay (because it had two switches more) only to see that my favourite (mx milky white) is basically not available in Europe and only rarely in the US.

In terms of updating to Win 10: Do wait until drivers for your motherboard and stuff are available on Win 10. It is a productivity machine so be a little conservative (a 24 year old telling a 51 year old to be patient) and wait with the upgrade, let others try out 10 and make all the mistakes for you. (my gaming machine is getting the 10 upgrade on releaseday since it dual boots to Linux and i have various other Linux machines handy). I use Linux for university therefore the only thing I will loose when stepping up to 10 is the ability to game.

That's great man do you have any pics of the completed build?

Nice, you should snap a few pics and put them here when you get a chance
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/official-post-your-pc-guts-thread/8385
I want to see the red bling you speak of.