5 Games That Need A PC Port

Wow, i remember that ... I played that way way back... Oh, memories...

And all the Gran Tourismos!

1 Like

the whole yakuza series and persona 5 if this were to happen I would never need a PS4, legit my ps4 is a yakuza machine at this point

All console games should be ported. There already is some semblance of a native port from Vita to PC (but for a specific engine iirc). There are of course other ways to do it, but I think it would be nice for more effort to be put into this. Perhaps not for new games that they need to farm console exclusive stuff on, but for older games that are being emulated already or for games that aren't old enough to be emulated, but could be ported. Resell the game, and enjoy the benefits. I certainly would pay for some ports/remakes of games on PSP, PS3 and some older platforms.

Yeah the Last of Us and Bloodbourne. Also soon Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV. Don't care too much for the latter by the trailers, but it could be good. Also:

Destiny - I would at least like to try it out. Maybe I would get it with a sale.
Sunset Overdrive - Ok fuck you Microsoft, you are pretty much traitors to your own platform. Seriously want to play this game.
Killer Instinct - I love fighting games, and I heard this is actually going to come to PC, but when?
The Last Guardian - I'm going to have to get a PS4 one day because of this. Or maybe they will have emulators soon.
FF7 remake - Not sure if it would be good, but they better make it on PC or I am done.

Seriously there is no reason to not port games to PC. Why are they worried about pirates if the majority is on console. It's not like 90% of PC gamers pirate all their games. Plus pirating isn't too bad on sales since pirates can spread the word about how good it is by playing it for free.

They did have a PC version of MGS1 and 2, but not 3 or 4. Those versions are really rare though. I would try to find a download somewhere.

You don't get it, do you?
It is not the issue, that you will spread the word of how good a game is... The issue is, they didn't get your 60$... No matter you will convince your richer friends to buy the game... They didn't get your 60$... Don't you get it? 60$... 60...
Why did i bought Skyrim? Because i f-ing love that game. And i found it for 15$ with all expansions and DLCs and stuff... I work for 300$ a month. F you, game industry, for asking me for 60$ for overdesigned, buggy, sh*tty software, that doesn't work propperly... EA... Ubisoft... WB... F you all... Bethesda, don't make me include you with Fallout 4...

While EA sucks, I can understand where Bethesda gets their pricing strategy. They do work insanely hard on their games, and while I myself don't make much money it isn't hard to wait for a few months to get it for half price. I can respect that price tag, but I know where you're coming from.

Basically this is the main reason i have ignored the AAA gaming for the last... 5 years? The pricing, and because i have much more interesting games to play on the indie market for under 20$ each... If it wasn't for Skyrim i would have still fully ignored the AAA gaming...
Back on the topic though... You know what new console game i am really really interested in? Horizons Zero Dawn... Freaking stupid name, but damn, ciber dinos make me really want to play it...

Seriously though xwing would be really cool as a turn based pc game

I only need kingdom under fire to get a PC port, except for circle of doom naturally

Maybe onimusha and kingdom hearts as well, but those can be emulated pretty well now

I could settle for reach as well

Reach was the best Halo.

1 Like

Yeah it was good too. I didn't list 1 and 2 because they are of course on already on pc.

Anyone who has played Dragon's Lair and watched badly scripted American zombie TV serials has no need to play The Last Of Us.

The only reason games aren't ported to PC, the singular undying reason is this

The majority is on console. The PS4 alone has sold 25 million units since launch, so 25 million potential customers beats a couple hundred thousand people with expensive high-end PCs by a million miles. Steam surveys say most people are running laptops capable of supporting 720p resolution and playing free to plays like Dota 2 or low graphical intensity shooters like CS:GO.

So it's either focus on what's a sure thing with a lot of customers on a closed, uniform platform, spend much less time in development and deliver a polished and optimized game, or divide your attention, take longer to finish and spend a lot more time fixing bugs, and optimizing for a myriad of different hardware combinations only to satisfy a niche group of gamers that are separated from the majority by the huge amount of money they can pour into their PC, add publisher pressure to that equation and it's really a no-brainer why games don't get ported to PC for years, even decades if ever.

Like it or not, console gaming is what keeps the industry alive, and PC gaming is all the better for it. It's a community that strives to be better than the mediocrity, but without consoles the passion to be better than consoles would be lost, and piracy would seriously damage the cash flow needed to make a living off making games.

Another point to make is crowdfunding, but crowdfunding in my opinion is the result of publishers having their hands in too deep in developer's pockets, which is a result of every monetary system where you borrow money to accomplish a goal and deliver on a promise and then pay in spades when and if you accomplish your goal and is an internal fault of civilization.

I have four:

Halo Reach
Ratchet and Clank (the old one or the one coming out soon would be good)
Destiny (Why does an FPSMMO exist that isn't on PC? That doesn't make any sense in my mind.)
Gran Tourismo

I've also heard good things about the Last of Us... I would like to play that at some point. I'll probably end up getting a PS4 at some point since most of the above games are on the PS4 anyways.

Diablo III, Some people don't like playing a game that feels like you're re-arranging icons on your desktop and breaking the rmb, It wouldnt be for the hardcore PC Diablo III players for sure but for a wider audience.

you can't be serious...
Wait, what?