3D Printing Shenanigans - Bitspower G 1/4" Mini Valve Replacement Lever

Hello!

Task

Wendell has broken a plastic lever for his Bitspower G 1/4" Mini Valve (rip). I tried to find this print already made somewhere, but no luck! So, I started on a 3D print to make a new one.

GrabCAD Link: https://grabcad.com/library/bitspower-g-1-4-mini-valve-replacement-lever-1

The plastic was screwed in place, and too much pressure from turning has snapped the plastic. After some measuring I think I have created an adequate solution.

Design

I decided to make the overall shape thicker to help structural integrity. The model is roughly 2mm bigger overall.

top view

bottom view
bottom

Object File

final bitspower model.zip (29.2 KB)

G-Code

The file has a modified variant of the “0.10mm DETAIL” preset. It has 100% infill and support brackets for best print and use.
final 100-infill bitspower drain valve.zip (318.7 KB)

Finished Photos/Comparison

2 Likes

Great job! What 3D printer do you have? I would like to purchase smth not expensive, maybe Creality 7 Best 3D Printers under 500 Reviewed (Spring 2023). I don’t know if he will be able to print such details, I’m fond of old audio systems, and some spare parts can no longer be bought on ebay.

2 Likes

Sovol SV06 and Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro seem popular in the low end price range lately.

Keep in mind that cheap 3d printers can be great or sometimes troubleshooting nightmares, with poor QC and variance from unit to unit. It can be a gamble, especially if you don’t have lots of time to sink into getting it running well and keeping it running well.

2 Likes

Thank you! L1 has a Prusa MK3 :slight_smile: this print took about ~35 minutes with PLA filament. It’s a decent 3D printer, but definitely look into your options.

1 Like

Just gotta give it the Car AC knob special

2 Likes

This was the true solution :rofl:

1 Like

This is so true.

1 Like