$2k VR build

Then sir I believe there was something wrong with your Blue drive. My Blues consistently are over 100MB/s.

this is primarily gaming rig WITH THE POSSIBILITY of video editing

so, meh

everyone good? I think its good.

Just for you I'm running CDM in the background on my 1TB WD Blue with 50GB of free space left because the numbers will be well over that anyway with all this shitting over it too. 85MB/s my ass, lol.

From Storage Review. The drives perform nearly identically.

1 Like

Looks good to me boss. Similar overall performance wise to my rig. I think he'll be happy.

1 Like

Pew

5820k $319.99 at microcenter #winning

Even at the regular price it is great but that is a steal. It is a powerhouse of a chip. Wife has one in her rig paired with a Sapphire R9 Fury Tri X. It kicks ass at 4K.

good to know

What's with the Dark Rock 3? Y u no NH-D15? Overclockable chip, loads of room left for a better CPU cooler.

I prefer the Cryorig R1 ultimate (looks better and same performance) But he wants silence so maybe that's why Dark Rock 3?

I also like the cryorig, but I guessed he was going for silence. NH-D15 has silence and performance, but not the looks. The cryorig is looks and perf, dark rock 3 is silence and looks. It's like a happy little triangle.

1 Like

was not sure of RAM interference

D15 will have no problem with the ram you have picked out (fan might have to move up a tad but itll be fine) and you'll get better performance than w/ the dark rock 3.

Vengeance LPX is 31mm high, NH-D15 can handle 34mm high DIMMs under the front fan, 64mm high without a fan (on both sides).
You'll be fine.

2 Likes

Well I wasn't lying ffs. Maybe the drive is messed up, it was just an observation, but there was nothing else wrong with it.

Defrag much? I guess that'd make quite the difference if you don't to sequential read write speeds. Probably. I guess.

I came up with this based on your build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JMxJFT

The parts are already on their way lol, sorry

gonna turn this thread into build log now

2 Likes