[21:9 FIX WAS CREATED] You should try Halo 3 on PC

Credit to Joker for the video and for finally getting me to try this out @JokerProductions

Download Link

It's literally just a Zip file. Unpack and launch the .exe labeled "updater".

It's 1080p/60 FPS

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/

Halo got me into gaming content on the internet (roosterteeth) which lead to technology content later on. So I have Halo to thank for the fact that I'm sitting here at my desk with a PC I built myself.

A lot of people bitch and complain about Halo being crappy console trash. I won't argue with them if they're talking about the newest Halo games (everything that came after Halo: Reach), but the older ones are great shooters. It gets compared to CoD far too often in my opinion; Halo isn't nearly as re-skin-the-game-and-sell-it-for-$60-again-a-year-later and it's combat is nothing like CoD.

So if you're one of the people who haven't played Halo and think it's complete garbage, please play it at least for a few matches so you have an experience on which you base your thoughts.

21:9 Fix

Download Link

Forge?

Source:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/halo-5s-map-making-tool-forge-is-coming-to-the-pc-will-be-available-for-free/

I wonder what this means. I think Microsoft is warming up to the idea of Halo being on PC. I remember Halo: Reach's forge being amazing.

Here's an example of what Forge was 6 Years ago:

For the Lazy:

12 Likes

I this full fat Halo 3 multi with Forge and shit? or just multiplayer

game was part of my upbringing

1 Like

It has forge and you can hamachi LAN Co-op or play online forge

1 Like

oh god yes! YEEEESSS

1 Like

Loved El Dorito a while back, I am glad the server browser has been much improved not only that, there is many US servers now. About 6 months ago, there was about US servers always full and a few European servers with a decent amount of ping, still lots of fun though.

I'm gonna try this on 5760x1080

I don't think it does ultrawide.

This does have a singleplayer campaign right?

Thanks for the share man. Someone at LAN Syndicate actually gave me this on a thumb drive and I forgot about it until a couple days ago. Couldn't believe how complete the mod was for this. Its got some rough edges, but its fucking Halo.

1 Like

I wonder if this works on Linux.....

Nope. just MP and forge

Damn.

The reason we have it is because there was a "Halo: Online" game released in russia. It wasn't Halo 3 in it's entirety

ok... :(

Is all of this legal? There's an official link or service to get this from? Not that I don't trust the source but I'm not loooking for troubles lol

I remember the nights spent playing at my buddy's house doing offline tournaments and even some online split screen :,)

Grey area I'd assume. It's comparable to the vanilla WoW server situation. You'll never get in trouble for playing it. If legal things happen it'll be the downloads for it, not the players.

This is technically speaking a mod of Halo Online since you aren't accessing their servers and several things have been changed. Modders brought back the classic Halo 3 menu and put in other customization options not in Halo Online.

When it was originally just the uploaded source code, several websites were smacked with take down notices for distributing it, but since then its died down and I think because of the amount of work put in by modders, this is now its own thing.

That's my standpoint on it, but I understand some people may still think this is "pirating". I'm just not one of them.

1 Like

Fired it up before I went to work this morning, my childhood is alive once again

Thank you for sharing this! I'll definitely be giving this a try later. I'm praying that it works fine in the UK. I always wondered what a game like this would do on a PC. Heading to Insomnia LAN this year I hope to find others on it as well!

Very true. Every month we get together at work and do small LAN games. Quite a lot of COD players try Halo and just can't get used to it, and vice versa. When you've seen these games come from their mumble beginnings you realise just how different they are.

Now all I need is Timesplitters!

Just tested Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with and without wine - it won't run.