2008 Game of the year award

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee123/sarahtorres2/metal_gear_solid_4_box.jpg[/IMG]

Gamespot has announced the game of the year for 2008.

i was dissapointed because the game that won was Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

if it were for me i would have to go with the following

>Left 4 Dead

>fall out3

> i dont know what else

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html?page=2&tag=nl.e573

I was disappointed because another console game won GOTY.

Well, I wasn't disappointed because personally MGS4 made my life complete.

dont get me wrong it was a great game but i like fallout 3 more

I loved MGS2 One of my favorite games of all time.

mgs4 was an epic game, so I have no complaints. Be happy it wasnt gears 2 that won.

I liked fallout to an extent. I just think that there are alot more cinematic moments in a game like COD5, GoW2, and L4D. And those cinematic moments really are the determining factor for me

How can you be disappointed?

Metal Gear Solid fucking DESERVED IT

It has deeper storyline more action and a more badass main character than any game that came out this year.

shits rape

HaruhiOtaku wrote 7 minutes ago »

It has deeper storyline more action and a more badass main character than any game that came out this year.

shits rape

dont get me wrong it was a great game just not my pick for game of the year

MGS4=soft.

Man

I could talk all day on why MGS4 is the best game ever but that would be my opinion...

Have any of you played MGS4 ALL the way through?

And Pathogen, Give me some reasons why it shouldnt be game of the year.

l4d was a great game, but i would not give it game of the year lol

Josh wrote 1 hour ago »

I liked fallout to an extent. I just think that there are alot more cinematic moments in a game like COD5, GoW2, and L4D. And those cinematic moments really are the determining factor for me

Ia m almost the other way... I like the cinematic feel... but I don't like to feel like I am playing a movie... I like games that feel cinematic because you are in total control and you just did something freaking awesome...

as for best game... fallout 3... followed by king's bounty for me.

Mgs4 = awesome. The single player story is the best of any game I ever played. They actually had to decrease the size of the game because it did not fit on a 50 Gb Bluray disc. I really enjoy(ed) fallout's side quests, and the fact that everytime you walk in a different direction, you will find something you have never seen before. And the choices you make, like whether or not to blow up megaton have such a large effect on the game. And all the side quests are so much fun to do. In oblivion, I did not enjoy a lot of quests because they were annoying and easy. But there is one thing I did not like: the main story. I loved it until you find your dad in rivet city. To that point the whole storyline came at such a good pace, and was so eventful. But after the you find your father, the story is so cliche, that I could predict everything that would happen. I mean, how obvious was it that the father was going to die? They should have let him live and develop his character a little more. After his death everything starts going so fast, you get the G.E.C.K., you get caught by the Enclave and then get to choose if you want to help the Enclave or the Brotherhood. And it was sooo easy to predict the enclave is run by a computer. And you defeat the leader by.... talking to him.. I honestly was expecting a huge end boss fight, but no. On my new profile, I have not even started the main quest, I am simply wandering around making my own main story, which this game allows to do.

HaruhiOtaku wrote 7 hours ago »

shits rape

I agree MGS4 is a SICK Game I have the Japanese Limited Edition the Story is EPIC there are some of the the best cut scenes in a game ever and even better then most movies of 2008 and the ending was cool. I never played MGS4 in English only in the Original Japanese I believe that Japanese Story telling is recked by crappy English voice overs

Fallout 3 was grate 2 and Far Cry 2 and left 4 dead would be my pick for the top tree PC Games of the year but nothing cums close to Kojima Hideos Epic MGS4 for story telling

>Game of the Year

>MGS4

Wait, where's the game?

Dude, Metal Gear Solid 4 was epic. I have to say, it deserved it. It had that classic feel, same, if not more, action, great gameplay, and great cinematics/graphics. After that, I'd say Left 4 Dead. It's just so frustratingly fun on expert.

Kind of disappointed more sites didn't give there GOTY award to Metal Gear 4, easily the most cinematic, action packed, balls to the wall awesome, + the story was easily one of the best told out of the games from last year.

But there is nothing wrong with Fallout 3 getting peoples GOTY award, that game rules all that is good and holy.

everyone has their own thoughts. i am glad to see mgs4 is top! CAUSE ITS MY FAVORITE GAME! its the only game besides gta4 and little big planet that i have on ps3.

1. mgs4 2. fallout 3

my order ^_^

>crappy English voice overs

David hayter is not a crappy english voice actor...

Also, Solid snake and big boss were based on David Hayter and Kurt Russel in Escape for new york

If you remember right, in mgs2 Solid Snake pretends hes part of Seal Team 10 and his codename was pliskin...

Snake....Pliskin.... That was Kurt Russel's name is that move.