2 Gamers 1 GPU with Hyper V GPU-P (GPU Partitioning finally made possible with HyperV)

Hi,

I’m stuck too with an error 43.
I don’t have a nv_dispi.inf_amd64 folder.
And I don’t have a VT-d option in the bios.

Graphic card is an MSI GTX 1660 SUPER
Mother Board is ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AM4

Is there some way to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Hi,

I believe what you are looking for is AMD Vi on an AMD system. I am uncertain if this might just be enabled by default with out it being listed. If you are already seeing a GPU in the VM then it must already be enabled.

On your host system, I would strongly recommend getting the latest driver from Nvidia’s website or reinstalling the driver. This should allow you to find the correct driver components

Try this and let me know if this fixes your issue!

I don’t know if its been patched yet but I believe Windows Server 2019 could possibly have issues with GPU-P support still. It looked more like windows 10/11 pro/enterprise is working (but I could be wrong about server 2019) if it is.

If you are using too much ram that could max out the host, that would possibly end up with an error reporting insufficient resources.

For clarification. if you have a host with 16 GB RAM and set it to say 15GBs, it would cause a conflict as the host would probably be using more than 1 GB of ram and cannot partition the VM fully. Typically I notice that HyperV will not start a VM unless the ram usage is low enough so when the VM starts, it can partition out the ram to be under 85% from the Host’s maximum ram capacity.

I hope that explanation made any sense.

Hi,

I updated the driver on my host yesterday. And then copied the dll to the VM, but the problem remains.
I didn’t have the NVidia device at the begining, I had it after I followed the tutorial, (except for nv_dispi.inf_amd64 folder).

Thanks

I am uncertain what could be going on. Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

Hi,

I’m on Windows 10

Same for me,
Have -15000(the host encoder failed to initialize) error with Radeon RX 6800 XT
Anyone has any solution?

I could solve this issue by coppying the missing file to the vm / system32:
amfrt64.dll

I don’t have this dll.
What files are on nv_dispi.inf_amd64 folder ? I may find thoses somewhere else ?
Thanks

Has anyone else had it show “Virtual Render Driver” instead of the GPU hardware name?

I went through everything and instead of showing “Nvidia RTX 3080” in my Device Manager, it added a “Virtual Render Driver”. The weird thing is that gaming performance is REALLY good. Much better than when I first tested without doing the GPU-P process.

I’m going to create another VM tomorrow to see if I can get rid of the issue. I followed all directions in the videos I’ve seen posted and triple-checked that files and folders are correct.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,

Try checking here C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DriverStore\FileRepository

I am uncertain if this is where they were moved.

One other thing, are you using the Nvidia game drivers or studio version drivers? The game drivers is what I initially used. I have no idea what the studio version would do.

1 Like

I believe I’m using the standard gaming drivers. I’m experimenting with all of this on my gaming PC using Windows 10 Pro before I jump any farther into it. I’ll check that additional directory and copy it over when I create the new VM shortly. Thanks!

So I checked that folder on my host PC, and it exists, but it is empty.

Yes, I have the game drivers. I installed the newest version. Maybe I should downgrade to an older one

I’ll be running through a windows 11 setup on my own next weekend possibly. I’ll have to check if drivers layout for a 1060 have changed. I haven’t attempted any gpu-p projects in the past month.

I’ll try an older 7770 HD series amd card I got to maybe figure out how to set those up.

If you are looking for a driver date range. Maybe a March - September release driver.

Might want to try the full driver removal tool to get all straggler files.

Hi,

I followed the instructions and got the gpu shown in my vm, and the ingame fps counter indicated that the performance is almost the same as host os. But there are several problems that drive me crazy these days:

1. Super fast mouse movement in FPS games. After some searching around I found the reason might be hyper-v console and rdp using absolute mouse movement, while games needing relative movement. Cant seem to find a solution so far, although parsec fix this perfectly, it uses injected inputs, which might be a problem for some online games.

2. Frame drop when fps counter shows a stable number. When I control the character to move around, the actual frame rate drops to around 40 while the counter states over 100. Parsec has better performance, but problem persists.

It almost sounds more like network latency or latency introduced with the encoding and decoding process. What GPU model do you have and what is the settings for encode (encoding with CPU or GPU) and decode settings (on remote device).

are you testing within your own network or over internet?

I guess the other question is, Are you using Parsec through a browser vs the dedicated client. My experiance with parsec on a browser has been more delayed than when the client is locally installed.

I’m currently testing on the same machine (connecting to host os in guest os by different means), so network shouldn’t be a problem. And i don’t seem to find related settings for microsoft remote desktop, except some items in their messy group policy and registry.

The decoding settings are both hardware, don’t know what encoder it is but if I don’t configure gpu-p parsec won’t let me capture screen. My GPU driver model is WDDM 2.7 (perhaps 2.9 not supported by GTX 1060? ). I am using parsec client.

hello i am trying to use hyper v on my windows 11, but i dont have the folder nv_dispi.inf_amd64

how do i make it appear or anywhere to download it? i use nvidia geforce rtx 3060

Hi all. I’m starting to notice a theme. I wonder if there might of been a change to how Nvidia has been naming folders. They probably changed it to the pci ID of the card in device manager or something else.

I don’t personally own a 30 series cards, only 10 and 20 series. I am running through a new setup on a windows 11 machine to see if I can get an idea if this could of changed there as well.

I came across this post here for a dedicated script to setup a parsec vm with an nvidia card. I’d give this a try if you are having trouble finding drivers as this looks to copy all driver related files into the ISO image

Keep in mind this will only work on windows 11 due to powershell items only on windows 11.

If I come across any findings, I will make my observations known.

@Voras @Newbie1 and others trying to find drivers with AMD and Nvidia cards.

I believe I can help find where you can locate your missing folders or get you started on where to locate them possibly.

In device manager and right-clicking on a GPU, you get an option called “Driver Details” in the driver tab.

This will display all Driver files associated with the GPU. On the top of the list and descending, It will list paths to C:\Windows\System32 and then C:\Windows\SysWow64. on the bottom of the list is the Driverstore folder names.

(for the two NV_Dispi.inf_AMD64 folders listed. you can try to copy both or copy the one only referenced in the Driver files list. From what I have seen, it leaves old Driver versions in the File repository directory so it may or may not cause conflicts)

They don’t list the initial path but they could be:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
or
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DriverStore\FileRepository (From what I’ve seen so far, this location may not be where it will land.)

Here is another example for when I am locating my AMD card.

I do hope this helps locate your drivers a bit easier. After looking through this list. there are some things that would be beneficial possibly from the SysWOW64 folder that could possibly resolve some issues with games or apps not loading as a troubleshooting step.