144 FPS, not dropping... feels like im playing at 20 fps

Have you tired a different monitor

does it on my 60hz one too

Well damn, very strange. Sorry for now I am out of ideas.

yeah i have no idea… legit the only thing i can think of is the RAM but i’ll have to get money before i get new RAM. soo… RIP

1 Like

What else is connected to the router?
If your machine is hardwired, maybe turn off wifi and see if that helps?

it does it even if everybody else is asleep and no internet is being used

Undo the memory overclock. (Just to get rid of a variable.)

Yeah, this is a weird one…

From what I can find about of people having the same/similar issues, it may be a driver issue with the 5700XT/other cards that hasn’t been resolved.

Someone ‘solved’ their issue by using Asus GPU Tweak’s ‘Always 3D clock’ option to lock their card at max clock all of the time. Maybe worth a shot?

Maybe its all in your head.
Why don’t you take a picture of the ufo test or use a high framerate camera to test the refresh

ive considered it in my head, but i really doubt it lol

1 Like

COULD be a driver issue but idk, MW was running smooth then i started playing more and it became not smooth

Got quite a few people also reporting similar high input lag when their cards aren’t being stressed fully, which is what’s making me think it’s related.

Not that it should matter that much, if at all, but your slower RAM could be bottlenecking your CPU, which is in turn not letting your GPU flex properly, which is compounding the driver issue.

When I overclock my monitor it feels slower / choppy but in actual testing it is displaying all the frames correctly. I’m just not use to the odd framerate.

Pretty sure it’s not overclocked. OP shared the monitor above and it says 144hz is factory.

Do you experience any difference with freesync on/off? or is it the same? I understand that it’s not fixed, just wanted to clarify.

Also, what happens when you set the monitor to 120hz? (or something around there, basically not max)

so idk what i did but i think i fixed it???

1 Like

That would result in lower overall performance / fps but not in sluggish behaviour at good fps, I think.

If it’s a driver issue, it’s even weirder. @KastisDoesGames, just to clarify, Borderlands feels fine offline but sluggish online, correct? Can you test another game online / offline?

i uh… may be REAL dumb actually. BUT idk why it would make that huge of a difference

that was set to automatic, i set to ON

i thought that was freesync

1 Like

MW playing smooth now, but we’ll see if it stays that way

Oh, that’s interesting.

Drivers. :confused: