144 FPS, not dropping... feels like im playing at 20 fps

So gone through two different PCs, different cable hooking my monitor to my display output… and even though my games run at 120-144 FPS with no drops below that the game feels like GARBAGE, like im running the game at 20 fps

the drivers are up to date, my frame times are fine, my FPS is fine, no drops, my monitor is set to 144hz, ive tried all the fixes on the internet except using new RAM(which wasnt suggested). the only thing im using from my old PC is my RAM(2400 overclocked to 2666, low for ryzen i know but i’ll be getting new RAM soon)

my PC specs are
Ryzen 5 3600(stock)
and a 5700xt(factory OC to 1750Mhz)
and 16 gigs of DDR4 2400(OC to 2666)

COULD it be my RAM? its legit the ONLY thing im using from my old PC, its driving me crazy and i cant play games on my brand new PC cause it feels like shit.

What games? Could be texture streaming issues if the storage drive is too slow and the game uses large textures.

Bo4, Bo3, MW(new one), Overwatch, pick a game and it does it. I have plenty of space on my HDD, 2TB 7200rpm and its stil lgot 800 gigs open(os is on a 240gig SSD)

even when Overwatch was on my SSD in my old PC it still felt like garbage

On an 8GB card? Unlikely I think.

Games are running in fullscreen?

yeah its an 8gig card, and fullscreen or windowed-fullscreen, both look like butt

my last settup was a 1TB 7200 RPM drive, a 240 gig SSD(tho Windows was on my HDD cause i was to lazy to put it over) a ryzen 7 1700 and a 1660 factory OC

Hmm… Monitor clocks and temps of everything.

temps are running around 65c-70c for both CPU and GPU, on old rig they never went above 55c. and monitor clocks?

What clocks are you running on GPU and CPU?

both are stock, GPU normally running arnd 1900 MHz and CPU runs around 4000 MHz

Not the card, from the storage drive. Its a thing that can happen on HDDS with newer games but if its happening with something like Overwatch it’s not the issue,

Windows is up to date? Bios as well?

both are yeah, both were up to date on old PC as well.
and it was happening to OW on my SSD as well @SoulFallen

On my old PC it would happen to the videos on my secondary monitor as well(some 80 dollar 1080p 60 fps monitor) but new PC it doesnt.

I don’t think its gonna solve it but you could disable C-states and cool&quiet and all the efficiency features in the bios.

GPU driver is the latest one?

yeah GPU driver is latest, but its weird its 2 VERY different GPUs, a low range 1660 from nvidia and the highest AMD card you can buy

if it matters its the Gigabyte gaming OC, the 3 fan card

Maybe something with the mouse or USB driver or USB HUB.
IF the in-game-engine cut-scenes render fluently and issue is only when user input is needed that might suggests input lag. Alternatively to cut-scenes, any benchmark mode, or dedicated benchmark could help determine if it is something weird with processing the user input.

2 Likes

the cutscenes are mostly rendered at 30 fps i think i havent noticed a big difference