ZX Spectrum Next Issue 2

What do you guys think? I admit im kind of interested.

1 Like

Tempted, but it is a lot of money (comparatively). Not that that stops me from wasting money on retro computer kit…

I recently got one of these. Much cheaper, but for a different, if similar target audience:

Rather than build my own I got a fully assembled one in the UK from here:

https://micromite.org/shop/maximites/colour-maximite/colour-maximite-2-fully-assembled/

1 Like

Yeah i realise this as well. Though it does look like they put a lot of work into the last one, and presumable this one. Its doing well

1 Like

The only retro-ish setup I’m buying into any time soon is the mister.

DE-10 Nano FPGA board plus SDRAM module = can emulate pretty much any old machine in FPGA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Spectrum Next is implemented via an FPGA, so could likely be used to run as other systems as well if someone converts/creates the cores.

I think the main appeal is how well it is all packaged up and the community that is growing around it. The more video’s I watch the more tempted I am, but the reality is I barely get enough time to tinker with my MIST, my Maximite2 or my original Atari STe and accelerated Amiga. If I buy this I think I am little more than a collector :laughing:

2 Likes

The SD2SNES used one that was powerful flexible enough to simulate all the various enhancement chips the SNES carts used, one of the most popular the SuperFX chip

it was also used to add in CD audio to games as well so could be some stuff outside the box like that

2 Likes