ZFS NFS not showing transfer progress

Hi

I’ve recently had to recreate my ZFS shares, due to having a disk setup change.

Weirdly; after doing this…I am unable to see a percentage on any inter-pool transfers. I get it when copying to/from externally

Any ideas? This didn’t happen on the last pools I had

I’ve attached a screenshot of how the progress bar looks when interacting with the new zfs volumes.

I’ve noticed that Dolphin doesn’t do this, but nemo and other file managers do

What do the kernel logs say? Probably some clue

Journalctl? Literally nothing

Nemo --debug gives >

(nemo:42975): GLib-GIO-DEBUG: 00:46:04.090: GTask g_io_scheduler_push_job (source object: (nil), source tag: 0x7fd3c208f8d0) finalized without ever returning (using g_task_return_*()). This potentially indicates a bug in the program.

Is there a log file for nfsd? Sorry just used to TN

What is Nemo?

Nemo is the file manager for cinnamon, though I have tried others with the same issue. Only Dolphin appears to report back

Using rpcdebug I can get this…

It is actually the same behavior on CIFS mount, too

Does rsync -avP show a reasonable progress meter?

I’ve done a bit more investigation and it actually appears to be local; system wide and not ZFS related

I still am unable to find what the issue is though

Did you reboot after any recent updates? I’ve certainly seed some odd behaviour when applications load different versions of shared libraries that they are expecting. For example glib2 (used by GTK apps) was updated recently.

Yeah; I’m on arch so I’ve applied updates with restarts a few times. It actually fixed another issue I had, but it still appears to be there.

I’ve been experiencing it across two machines (Though both are arch, so…)

I haven’t been able to really get any useful log/terminal info

Doesn’t seem to be an issue on a debian VM I just installed