YT Comments Replied To By Level1Tech Then Deleted?!

The heck, I post a YouTube comment on a recently uploaded video “45 Drives HomeLab HL 15: Why the Chassis is Important” and it gets a reply and then immediately deleted. The following comment below:

“Ah yes, a server chassis that makes you have to pull the entire server and play ‘Eye Spy’ when a dive fails. Nay, get a 2u or even 5u server and some disk shelves.
Note: Dell PowerEdge T320, T420, T430, etc. support ATX motherboards (Some screw mounts don’t exactly line up, but a minor complain. Barebones chassis runs around 150)
You could even pickup a motherboard, CPU, RAID Card, and RAM if you pickup the T320. See ‘Apevia TFX’ or any other TFX on Amazon or dual flex PSUs if you get the dual PSU variant.”

I got the following reply:
“With ZFS it gives you the drive serial # which is printed visible on the drive. You know exactly which one it is.”

They then deleted the comment thread. I then re-posted the message with the following added text:
“Also who replies and then deletes my comment?”

It was then deleted again!

Am I in the wrong here?

Yeah, seem to be. All we did was reply to your comment, and that’s it. No one has even been in the office since I first replied and I don’t see anything in “held for review” remoting in to check real quick.

YT Comments Replied To By Level1Tech Then Deleted?!

I read that as

Internet rando experiences YouTube algorithm first hand, wastes creators time with accusations of comment deletion

Fwiw

6 Likes

Surely you understand where Internet rando was coming from. Felt a lot like “Influencer recommends 45 drives product and Internet rando pointed out a potential alternative that was not endorsed by video”.

Apologies for wasting your time and will send my discontent towards YouTube.

I appreciate you looking into it none the less.

Is this a fraction of what wrongspeak is like for you guys everytime you joke demonetized?

Surreal.

All we did is reply and didn’t feel further action was in any way warranted, but yes, you were in the wrong. To paraphrase. There’s a logical disconnect somewhere in there.

You didn’t originally post a link or something? YouTube can be stupid with that.
I like my T320; have a SuperMicro X9DRH-7F in it, only one hole didn’t line up. Wish it had the hot swap bays, but oh well.

@Administrator_YT I’m sure the staff is glad for the feedback from the video, but your tone in the comment comes off as overly dismissive. I hope the algo didn’t do you a disservice. I find it strange that it would do that but generally the L1 folks don’t police to that degree so its probably just a one off.

Furthermore, the point of the video is to talk about the specific chassis from 45 Drives, and the benefits therein.

Saying something such as this does not help the situation. It merely adds gasoline to the fire. It’s usually not what you say, but how you say it that determines the effectiveness of the delivery.

If you would like a third chance to get your message across about viable alternatives to the 45 Drives widget I would highly suggest you start a thread dedicated to the topic of finding niche devices to fulfill that goal while leaving out any snarky bits. We do like to geek out here a great deal so we appreciate the in-depth stuff :wink:

Thank you for coming to the forums! Welcome aboard and I hope you have the day you deserve.

Edit: clarity. Going to lock since the question was answered and do not want to see people hop onto the thread to troll.