Youtube videos LF noise rumble

@Level1Techs crew : hey guys, I don’t know if you’ve noticed this already (or if any of the other viewers did), but in your videos, every time you guys put your hand on the table (and I also think when you move your feet up and down) I can hear a LF noise “thump” that is caused by your movements.

You can really hear it in the latest video (“Level1Ramble: AMD, Intel, And What The Future Holds”), every time Wendell puts his hand down on the table you can hear the “thump” (you do need a decent audio system to be able to hear it)… The vibrations are clearly transmitted through the wood into the mic arm -> mic (even though you use a spider to hold the mic)

If you want to get rid of that : (if possible) detach the mic arms from the table and mount them to the wall or ceiling something.
(ceiling could be a bad idea if you’re not on the top floor, though, if it’s not a reinforced concrete slab)

Huh, I thougt they did it on purpose… :slight_smile:

In your next post, are you going to teach your granny how to suck eggs?

Im all about that bass

2 Likes

Low cut at 75Hz, done.

1 Like

I too always fix hardware problems with software. /s

but I actually do tho

1 Like

My not-overly-expensive desktop mixer has 75Hz low cuts on all mic in channels. I just a button on each you can click on.

1 Like