YouTube might be taking your sub feed

It’s happening Bois. The last thing you could actually control on your YouTube is being molested by the algorithm. Soon you might only see what YouTube wants you to see regardless of subscribing, notification settings, and now this. That glorified RSS crawler @wendell mentioned might be the only way we can browse the content we want to see in the future.

It seems like YouTube doesn’t actually care about content and only cares about watch time. So if a video gets a ton of watch time, regardless of whether it’s interesting to you or not, they will shove it in your feed somewhere.

The thing that really confuses me is why have a redundant page. Isn’t your feed already the same idea?

I know there’s already a thread about gun channels going but I thought this was different enough to warrant a separate thread.

The change is really a step and a half backwards right of a cliff into FUBAR.

“Hey, you want to see all the videos of this guy?” Yes
“Well, let me just hide half of it as you have not clicked it right away and show you the trending page instead” What?

definetly

1 Like

I’ve already mostly abandoned YouTube. I’m into the 2006 youtube era non monetized platforms like bitchute. I miss the old videos that had awful production quality but genuine content. I don’t need a bunch of sponsored bullshit.

1 Like

Well if they leave that as an available option then I don’t care. But this sounds like they want to “fix” something that is less broken at the moment than it will be afterwards.

2 Likes

I can see the board meeting
“So, what haven’t we completely broken yet?”
‘Damn it John, I know just the thing!’

2 Likes

I tried looking into bitchute but it seemed on the surface to be full of tin foil and garbage. I might have to take a deeper look.

From what I gathered this is just a test but it sure seems like you’re correct.

EDIT: h3h3 hit the nail on the head here

Youtube still supports RSS (our discord uses it), so you should still be able to just add the channels to your rss feed.