Your thoughts on Bitfenix?

Hello humans at tek syndicate and all who read this question,

I am in the process of gathering parts for a PC I'm going to build, I live in New Zealand so everything is relatively expensive. I picked up a Bitfenix Shinobi window case for around $100NZD (which may seem expensive by your terms but was actually the cheapest case around at the time) and I really like it.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on Bitfenix and their products because they seem to have quite good prices and a wide variety of Cases/Chassis. Are they good quality or do they trade that off for a better price? Are they very expandable? etc. 

I am grateful for all answers because I want to get as many personal experiences as I can so I know what to expect when it comes time to build my PC.

-Guppy

I've gotten my friend that very same case for his build and he is immensely satisfied with it so far. Having put together his build myself, and from what I remember, it was a very well-built case. I myself use the bitfenix prodigy and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the build. Bitfenix is one of the few case companies that realizes they're making computer cases. They're up there with the best imho.

BitFenix makes some really nice products. They're cases are up there with other manufacturers like Cooler Master, Corsair, NZXT, and Silverstone. I personally don't like the aesthetics of most BitFenix cases, but one catches my eye every once in a while. When it comes to functionality they're great though.

I personally think their fans are overrated though. I'd rather grab some Xigmatek, Corsair, or Gelid fans.

I never heard anything bad about their cases but i have a fan controller and its crap, it starts throttling fans for no reason and the auto feature is useless and i've had 3 DOA fans from them. So beware but It's probably just my luck.

I bought one of their first cases, the BitFenix Collosus. In terms of functionnality, it doesn't have as much as other cases of similar prices. But, got the say, the looks are just awesome. I'm probably gonna end up modding it eventually for extra functionnality and try to improve airflow via more and better fans. And, if you end up buying this case. It is truly MASSIVE. I was surprised by the size when I received it, despite me being prepared for it.

Hey I know I'm late to the party but bitfenix case's are nice, I've got a merc alpha and even tho it the cheepist one on the market they look good too :) Im very happy with mine. 

I love the whole bitfenix range. When i was building systems everyday, I would always look forward to a bitfenix build. Even the cheap merc cases are good. The shinobi and the xl are beautiful cases with a really nice layout. For the price that they are they're pretty hard to beat.