Yes, after PC, the PS4 dominates Xbone. But there is something to concider if you get a PS4. (better stick to PC)

I'm just saying, if it takes you 7 years to save up $420, then you're probably not buying a console in the first place, and you may or may not be dead in a gutter somewhere.

I save almost that much per month, and it'll be more next year when I increase the payments to my retirement fund.

I did before E3. After factoring in the cost of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other things it turned out to be way more expensive then I originally intended. I then decided to put Ubuntu on my old virused laptop, get a tablet (waiting for the new Transformer Pad Infinity), and a GS4 for college. I really wish I could get into PC gaming but right now but I can't. The PS4 did impress me though so I will likely get one. I will build a rig after I graduate or get a steady job though.

Yeah. Just wait and see what the PS4 can accomplish against PC's, it is maybe better in the price point (I think it will with that enourmous data, charging 400 $ for that is sweet if you just game) By the way: make your laptop a dual boot system with windows and linux, with that you have all the flavours. Otherwise you could build a PC and hook it up to your TV, if your TV has HDMI.

Interesting fact:

One of the reasons I wanted a PC was to play Planetside 2 so now that thats on PS4 my life is complete.

LiFe CoMpLeTe

I just watched the new episode of The Tek and maybe their next build video will change my mind. Damn i'm indecisive.

Lol, well it sounds like they're making a gaming PC based around the same price as the Xbox One, except that it also comes with some games.

I'm thinking maybe an AMD graphics card which will come with some free games, and then some cheap games from steam or gog.com.

it would have to be the Xbox one, you can not get a computer (not without using shitty brands) that has better specs than the PS4 for the PS4's price

I love RTUSA!

I am sorry but you can make a better pc than the ps4 with reliable parts.

Let's brake it down the ps4 use's a 8 core APU that is massively downclocked (1.2Ghz To 1.6gHz) even then only 6 core's are dedicated to gameing and 2 are dedicated to the OS (if you can even call these core's it's a AMD FX cpu its just a 4 core that act's like a 8 core)

And then we get in to the GPU/APU's supposed to be power (equivalent to a 7850 don't make me laugh)

This power has not been tested and people are going off the given spec of 1.84 TFLOPS of how well the gpu will work......well TFLOPS have nothing to do with how well a gpu/apu work's graphically in fact it's more of a thing you will be looking for useing to bitcoin mine.

Then we get down to GDDR5 ram well x86 gameing cuts that down to 3.7Gbs for gameing at a MAX usage.

Shure it's going to be great useing GDDR5 ram as sistem memory for APU'S (its a huge step forward for apu's thay need faster ram)

Gddr5 ram allso gets very hot!.....even with all that the APU is not  going to get anywhere near a HD7850 in performance.

You are looking at both shit box's useing a HD7790 in performance (a cut down vershon at that)

The ps4 vershon will run faster with the aid of faster ram ever so sligtly.

Conclusion? buy a pc and sit back and enjoy the ps4/xbone ports.

I know, lol. It's actually a little surprising. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though because consoles are usually pretty decent for their price point when they first come out.

So let me get this straight, you're upset that your "Free lunch" is no longer "Free"?  

I say it's about time it became mandatory, and I have good reasons.  The price of entry does a few things for the service, such as employ people to maintain it and ban hammer the people who deserve it, gives the company incentive to keep it running and secure, and pays for the hardware to allow for "smooth" experiences on the service.  I do not see how this is a bad thing, as it seems that Sony is "Listening" to it's consumer base and knows first hand what kind of backlash they will receive if they do not make the service worth it.

wow a lot of people missed the message of that video, you are paying for a match making service that just puts you on a list that then helps facilitate a connection. That is not worth 60 dollars a year, maybe the free games and discounts make the subscription kinda sorta worth it but for strictly muliplayer matchmaking using peer 2 peer servers that costs Sony, Microsoft virtually nothing to enable its borderline lunacy to keep giving these companies your money.

You are buying a product twice, once for your internet and once again for your consoles internet functions. If you can't see how absurd that is think of it like netneutrality, that if xboxlive and psn were always free but say timewarner or comcast imposed a "game console" charge, you and everyone else would go fucking ape shit.

Theres some clever marketing bullwank hard at work to convince you that you are paying for a valuable service, that bullwank also convinced some of you that a little bit every month to allow you to use the products youve already paid for is okay. It isn't.

Thanks for clearing it up. I think Sony just wants to grab more money, because microsoft grabs so much already. So they just said: meh... We will do the same nonesense. Atleast people will go to pc gaming. And I hope that those ignorant xbox kiddies stay on theyr shiny status symbol. And we get some people with more brains in the pc area.

EDIT

On the ps4's specs: we have to see real world performance before we judge.

You guys are really complaining about Sony doing what Microsoft has done for years? The PS4 will use servers. Professionally hosted servers. Those servers cost money for upkeep and upgrades. So them charging a fee for the use of online play (No matter WHAT they are saying the money is for, even to help put you on a list, it still boils down to paying for a spot on the server). 

One key point is that things like Youtube, and Netflix, will still connect for free. Unliike Microsoft, where you need gold to do ANYTHING online, basically.

You play on their servers, they have a right to charge you. If you don't like it, don't buy it.  

1 Like

You don't have to play online, you can skip the payment and go for offline mode. The only problem there is you might not get the same amount of games to play. I could concider paying for it to play offline, but it depends on what games I get to play and if the games are playable or not on PC. Otherwise i might just go for a PS3 and upgrade the PC, since I prefer a lot of games that exists on the earlier consoles rather than the ones coming out for the latest consoles (I prefer the stories they give rather than the competition required online). Maybe I'll go for a PS4 and pay for PS Plus aswell, the answer actually can't be decided right now since they havn't put out all their cards on the table. I still don't know how it works when playing, if it's fluent or not, cause they just gave a small taste of it. I want to try it first and see how it feels before I concider it.

I like games like resident evil outbreak (PS2) and Mirrors Edge (PS3). My taste might be different to yours and therefore my answers might not fit your thoughts.

$4.19 per month is, like, $200 per four years. How about no?

Multiplayer should be free. Paying for multiplayer in games that you already own is bullshit. They can charge for services like share and chat that they provice as much as they want, but I don't consider acceptable paying for air.

It will probably use one of those new AMD APUs