XSPC Pump/Res Question

Good afternoon. Hoping someone can assit with an issue I am facing with my XSPC X4 Pump/Res combo.

I finished my loop last night and filled the res. The unit came online fine at first. I made sure that the unit had plenty of coolant in the res before cycling the power on/off through the loop. All seemed fine until about 5 minutes into the process, the pump stopped working? I thought initially it was due to having too much air in the unit or the rad wasn’t full, but tilting to PC assisted in getting the rad filled; no issue here.

I am thinking my pump went out at this point. However, I don’t see how I could have bleed the pump dry.

Example Video

Thanks!

You don’t feel or hear the pump running?

Seems like you got a dud, as long as the res is filled you should be fine.

Did you have a port open to let air escape?

Maybe a loose power connection?

Exactly, no sound or vibration from the pump anymore. When I first powered it on, yeah. I did leave the top port on the res open overnight.

I checked the power connections as well. Tried moving them to different outputs on my PSU as well, no luck.

This is my first custom loop, so forgive me if my next question is a bit ignorant. If I was to replace just the pump, i would still need to remove all the fluid from the system, correct?

Thanks!

Absolutely, if you tried changing it out without draining it first you’d have one hell of mess on your hands.

Also if you do remove it check for any debris that may be lodges in the pump.

Understood. Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

I’ll drain the system tonight and report back anything i find. I went ahead and ordered a replacement in the interim, I should be able to send this one back to XSPC for replacement as well I believe.

1 Like

Best of luck

1 Like