Xbox One External Hard Drive Questions

I have a 2 TB Seagate HDD just sitting here doing nothing, Before I go and use it for my Xbox one I would like to ask some questions.

Question 1:
Does the Xbox one support 2 TB drives although I am guessing that it would but you never know.

Question 2:
What would happen if it suddenly disconnects while playing games?
Would my entire xbox crash, would it just give me an error or will it just quit the game.

Question 3:
How long would it take for my xbox to format my 2TB HDD?

Question 4:
Is there any safe removal like what windows has?

Also would I be able to use half the storage for my own use?

1: Yes I have mine working with a 5tb.
2: It shouldn't crash the Xbox but it will take you back to the menu and give you an error.
3. I formatted mine on my PC before hand so setting it up on the Xbox all together took less then a half an hour.
4. Not that I am aware of but I leave mine plugged in while it's on and disconnect it while the system is off.
5. I'm not aware if you can share the storage between different devices but it's worth a try!

Ok thanks :)

What about partitioning it on the pc? Would it show up as 2 devices on Xbox?

I'm not sure, it might overwrite both of them when you initially set it up on the Xbox but after you may be able to use it between the Xbox an another device, not sure about doing it with multiple partitions though. If it doesn't over write them during setup they would most likely show up as 2.

I was just saying I had formatted and wiped everything from mine on the PC before I used it on the Xbox, not sure if that made any difference or not but the setup was definitely quick!