Xbox 'One' ddr3 no dedicated graphics memory?

Wouldn't the xbox 'one' need dedicated graphics memory? cause i'm seeing alot of people comparing the advertisement of the ps4's gddr5 claims to the xbox's ddr3.

Is this just a marketing tactic by sony, advertising 'faster' hardware?

Sounds sus to me...

---------------------------

,Tristan from 'melbin'

the memory is shared between the cpu and gpu dynamicatlly.

i know that but wouldnt the xbox's gpu need gpu speed memory?

Well it depends on many factors. Others will be better as me telling you this. I see the gddr3 instead of 5 as a huge disadvantage for XBOX. PS4 is probably going to win this generation. (even though there is less money to grab as last time) Maybe microsoft even knows this and want's to draw all the fanboys, and people to them. If so, then no wonder the xbox is revealed so early, then it will launch even earlier, before Sony hits the doors, and makes up for the mistakes they made. I could be completely wrong to. Still PC rules.

i agree, only reason i'd get a console if for games like red dead, forza or halo which are pretty good games, my hearts still with the pc though

My heard is even darker for consoles. They have stolen my Masterchief! Stupid $$BOX run by $$soft!

I'm pretty sure they are saying it's DDR3 not GDDR3 for the Xbox.

They're not saying much in reguards to how the componentry operates.  Is it dual channel or single channel? etc.  They meaty details.

As for the PS4 GDDR5 for shared system memory is pretty interesting.

We'll have to wait and see just how these consoles perform.  Their ability to dissipate heat is going to play a major factor as to how much they can get out of them.  I fondly remember all the RROD issues with the 360 and the PS3 equivalent and the crappy thermal paste they use.

As far as I know the GPUs they are using aren't even considered as PC gaming GPUs by us since they sit below 7770.

To be honest I think it's a good thing that the Xbox (stupid) one is bad.  Should see more converting over to PC.  Seems to be a bit of a trend now anyway.

Good old neckbeard mods.

low level hardware access and custom CPU arch make it perform better than their generic API desktop counter parts still won't be better than a high end PC for sure

as far as I can tell the xbox will not have low level hardware access, that in addition with the lower bandwidth ram will make it the lower performer, the large cache it has might help but will not make up for it

With Playstations indie support and the other rather more goodies I've heard about them, objectively speaking it looks like Playstation is the offering winner. Not to mention that you don't have to pay monthly BS. I just really whish the chief wouldn't belong to microsoft.

Damit! Just release it for PC MS!

From everything I've read, this is what I've gathered so far:

PS4 specs,

• APU: 8 cores/8 threads, an estimated 1.6GHz (that's fine for a console apparently), and 1152 shaders.
  • RAM: 8GB of GDDR5 running at 5500 MHz (relatively normal for GDDR5 RAM), 1 GB of which is reserved for the OS on the PS4, so 7 GB open to Graphics/Gaming.
  • Memory Bandwidth: 170+ GB/s

Xbox One Specs,

• APU: Same as PS4 in every way, except it has 768 less shaders which is about 30% (a little over) less than the PS4.
  • RAM: 8GB of DDR3 running at 2133 MHz (treat it like normal DDR3 RAM), 3 GB of which is reserved for 3 OS's that will always be simultaneously running on the Xbox, leaving 5 GB for Graphics.
  • Memory Bandwidth: 60+GB/s 

So gaming-wise, the PS4 is quite a bit better, both APU (more shaders) and RAM (faster and more allocated to graphics) wise. People like to point out that the latency (CL) is usually much higher on GDDR5 memory, however these days that means absolutely jack (nothing) for it's gaming performance.

I want to point out that for the assumed price of a PS4 (assuming $600 or so), you can't build a PC even close to that spec. It'll be a while before you could.

Considering the fact that the Wii U sales jumped 386% almost directly after the Xbox One reveal event, it looks like there are a lot of people not interested in, and I quote, "TV, TV, and TV". I wouldn't be interested in paying more for used games, being watched constantly by an always on Kinect camera, or being forced to have my Xbox One connect to the internet at least once a day or so.

The PS4 is just about gaming, which is what I want in a console. I want a console for the simple reason that there are IP's like lots of JRPG's and a few others that I want to play that aren't on PC.

Xbox and Microsoft can take their idea of an "entertainment console" and shove it, as far as I'm concerned. My PC, Roku, Tablet/phone, and TV DVR does all I need them to do. Gaming is not one of them.  

Source for Specs: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-one-hardware-compared-to-playstation-4/2

The xbox "one" also has something called esRAM or something like that which will apparently provide a buffer for the normal RAM to make things a little quicker.

PS4 has my vote this time round. They seem to be focusing on gaming and sharing your gaming experience with other people which is what most people want.

As for the consoles, it's Wii U and I'll pick up a PS4 eventually when there is a game enticing me to get one (hopefully a new Naughty Dog game or maybe if Deep Down becomes an actual game and not just a working title). Got my Wii U for stuff like Xenoblade 2 and Zelda and whatever else comes around, will also be playing my 3DS and MAYBE I'll get a Vita (although I am doubting it so far), and obviously PC.

Just to let you guys know, PS4 is using a modified AMD Kabini and Xbox One is either using an AMD Kabini as well or an AMD Temash, Wii U seems to be a custom made GPU with the help of AMD and a PowerPC processor based around both the Wii's processor and POWER7.

wait, DDR3 SHARED ram between cpu and gpu? holy crap thats gonna suck so hard hahahahahahaha

just made builds that would be "a step up" from the hardware, to beat the PS4 you'd need to sink $700, to be the XBO you'd need $600

and I'm one of the more "economic" system builders so, if you're going to get a console, the PS4 is both faster and worth the cost more, along with none of the MS shit going on

I for one can't wait to see how my future Sqaure and Konami games will look

Maybe this time around the devs will put more effort into multi-threading.  And do away with the claustrophobic and linear level design.  Not too mention the low FOV that makes me feel nauseous.

A lot has been holded back, but with the PS4 I see development until the next generation is out.