X99 Asus BF error code after windows 10 sleep, fails exiting sleep state

Not too recently I bought a second hand Asus x99-S motherboard with a i7 5820k CPU and 32GB of Corsair LPX RAM

Full specs linked here: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RandomGuy13/saved/VXb2RB

Every time I put the computer into sleep mode, It wont wake from sleep, I get a “BF” error code on the QCode readout and the PC turns off. It will keep trying to boot and fail, until I pull the plug and plug it back in again.

I am using the latest 3701 UEFI for the board, and running stock CPU speeds. The memory I have tried on its XMP profile. I have tried increasing the core voltage and system agent voltage but this did not help.

I have tried reseating ram, taking sticks out, setting the timings and clocks manually, I have tried clearing the CMOS. I haven’t tried reseating ATX or EPS connectors, or reseating the CPU or tried a different windows install.

I can find very little information online about this problem. Any advice would be grateful.
Other than this problem the computer has been stable and I have been using it for no problems now for over 4 months.

Hi

First off, I’m sorry I cannot answer your question. But seeing your title prompted me read your post and to add to this thread.

I am running this setup https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/TW3bt6. I first encountered a problem when putting my PC to sleep with the power button, or using the UI to sleep. First of all I got boot drive errors then, when remedied had to boot in to a stock bios setting, and re-applying any settings I had set. I put this down initially to a weird quirk(?!?) and left it at that as I just powered down my machine each time. Though occasionally I suffer from a power outage and afterwards this problem repeats and I find I have to go through the same process once again. It has persisted through a Windows 7 to 10 upgrade.

I am stumped as to why this is the case and using my limited googling skills am unable to find an answer. I’m posting to hopefully add more attention to something that I cannot find an answer to.