X570 motherboard for 3900X

I made a thread regarding 3700X and 3900X - I had ordered the 3700X, but my geeky side won me over and I’m decided on the 3900X. Just waiting for it to become available. I also ditched the idea of an itx system in favor of ATX and the Lian Li PC-O11.

In the mean time I’m looking at a good motherboard which will allow the 3900X to run as good as possible. I’m not gonna manually overclock, as Precision Boost is the recommended way to run these chips.

Wifi and Bluetooth is wanted, as I sometimes use an Xbox One controller and the dongle that came with it is broken. Wifi is wanted just for the flexibility it provides.

Other than that, I’m a bit concerned by the chipset fan. An article stated the Taichi fan is loud. But not sure if that’s just the default behaviour and changeable in bios.

At the moment I’m looking at these three boards:
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi (350$)
Aorus X570 Ultra (400$)
Asrock X570 Taichi (410$)

The MSI board has a nice bundle with the Cooler Master ML240L and is probably the one I’m leaning towards. I’ve got mixed feelings towards Gigabyte as my current Intel board is from them and the software is wonky. Never tried Asrock.

Would any of these boards work well with the 3900X?

I already have my board but looking at those prices I really don’t see the point to be honest. At least not for me. On 16x PCIe4 is not a requirement even for a 2080ti, not even close.

My X470 Taichi ultimate was 260,- Euro and has 10Gbit LAN.
Now THAT is a feature I can make use of.

Everything is more expensive in Norway. Even the X470 boards. I’m going for X570 as I expect this to last long into the future.

My last AMD PC ran for well over 8 years.

Edit: The X470 Taichi Ultimate is 320$ in Norway.

OK, that changes things. :wink:

Maybe take a look at Buildzoids analysis:

He rambles for a long time but points the good and bad about those boards. I think it is worth to watch if you’re shopping for a board for 3000 chips.

1 Like

Ordered the ASRock X570 Taichi :slight_smile:
Had some reservation as I’ve never had an ASRock board, but found a video of the bios and it reminds me alot of my old Asus AM3 board.

1 Like

A quick follow-up:
I had the pleasure of using my ASRock X570 Taichi for a couple of hours before it or the CPU died.

Luckily I went with a 3800X instead of a 3900X. Had I ordered the 3900X, I would still be waiting for the CPU. The 3800X arrived a week after the Taichi, which meant that the return window was still open.

I’ve returned both items.