X13SAE-F won't boot, hard crash and BMC stops

Hi, really strugging with this new board. Out of the box it powered up, IPMI/BMC worked fine and I can mooch around in the UEFI to my hearts content. It runs a memtest fine and any bootloader seems to work fine. However at some point in the OS load process the systems crashes hard with the BMC and Power LEDs flashing twice and then going dark. The fans continue to spin but essentially its unresponsive. I have to completely power off for 2 mins before I can properly power it back on, after this power down the BMC starts to work again.

I’ve updated the BMC and BIOS to the latest, cleared CMOS with a battery pull and shorting the jumper. I’ve tried so many BIOS settings but nothing works and this problem occurs whether its a Windows 11 USB stick or a linux varient.

After the bootloader I see the Windows loading screen and sometimes it gets to the language selection prompt but it always dies around their. Linux OSs die after the first few lines of kernel output.

The CPU is an i5-14500, I’ve 2x 32GB ECC sticks and other than the PSU and boot USB thats it. Any suggestions welcome but unfortunately I’ve no other hardware to test the components with :frowning_face:

Rip out one stick of memory and run at 3600 ?

Thanks but no dice!

Is the fact it will run memtest here a clue? I first ran it off new unraid USB but I’ve just also downloaded the latest memtest image from the passmark website and this is running fine to. Is there something in the graphics processing that an OS is loading which memtest isn’t that could be good thread to pull on?

Identified my PSU was the cause, the +12v output wasn’t working I suspect but also the +5v.