WTF Microsoft? Win10 randomly forcing changes again

Ah, I thought we had shifted to talking about Windows in general having a problem with the system clock and dual booting. So this is a new problem with Windows 10 then. Good to know.

Well that Windows10 resets certain settings after a large update isnt really unknown.
Settings that are made by so called thirdparty anti telemetry tools,
like Spybot anti beacon, shutup10 and such.
Those thirdparty tools dont really allways do their job that well.
Telemetry tracking is just a major part on Windows10,
messing arround with that by third party tools, might breake things at some point.

Make sure both Windows and Linux keep the time the same way. Either local or UTC. It is recommened to make both use UTC.

Set both Arch Linux and Windows to use UTC, following Time#UTC in Windows. Some versions of Windows revert the hardware clock back to localtime if they are set to synchronize the time online. This issue appear to be fixed in Windows 10.

from Arch Wiki
How to set Windows to use UTC

I guess I didn’t make this clear, but I don’t have dual boot.

Update on the BS going on after the system was updated and settings changed back to where I wanted them:
The system stability seems to be back to normal, but Windows is being a tard as far as user permissions and scheduled tasks go. My computer wakes up every hour and a half from sleep when I go to bed. The UpdateOrchestrator is the reason; Event Viewer confirms it. When I try to disable that list of scheduled tasks, I get the error saying “The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task.”

1 Like

Disabled wake up timers in power settings. Lets see if that helps.

Is it all up to date? We’ve still not established what OS your running.

Win10 Pro 1709