WTF LG G6 back completely shattered

So here is the deal. I have had a LG G6 for 5 months. I bought this case with it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCVCXZ5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The case is unavailable now. I think I know why, it didn’t protect my device. I have dropped the phone only from chair height while sitting down. The back is entirely shattered even with a rugged case. I wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t take the case off to dry it off after the phone got wet and water was was under the screen protector. But this case didn’t protect it. You would think a rubberized shell would protect the phone.

I will post pictures when I can get another camera.

P.S. I have used this case for my last three device, but my first glass back one (not plastic) has shattered! I am so depressed.

Pics of shattered back? its possible something solid got between phone and case, and one flat drop on the back would shatter the glass

1 Like

Just btw not all rubbers are made equal … some protect more than others. Damn that sounds kinda wrong …

2 Likes

thats why i only buy the best rubbers :slight_smile:

Though you could live dangerously and just go in the nude everywhere

1 Like

I actually love living dangerously. Never bought a single rubber in my life. I’m doing it as it was supposed to be, by design.

1 Like

Mines got a design on it, but sometimes i do take off the rubber to clean my stuff. It gets gunky and dusty quite fast

1 Like

Mine is pretty clean because of no rubber … but I do have a few strange spots that are little concerning.

1 Like

Its probably just wear and tear. If you use it enough then its mileage shows

What has this thread become. OP will come back and read through the thread and just facepalm

1 Like

Well I use it regularly, but I did had a few unexpected accidents … I happen to believe it’s not just wear and tear …

Oh he already saw where it is going, he liked one of my posts. I am sure that he likes it and want us to continue :smiley: nah jk about the last part I think I went too far. :japanese_ogre: (Interesting, there is no Devil smile emoji, the closest i could find is this japanese ogre … It’s not even a demon… just a lame ass ogre …)

1 Like

Well as long as you’re careful with it then i dont think it’ll get any worse. Keep it in your pants and you wont get any trouble.

For me, i have a watch so because of that, i rarely take my thing out of my pants, but whenever i pull it out(especially in public), i try to squeeze it tightly so i dont lose it and so that no one else gets the urge to grab it too. Though if there isnt a lot of people nearby then i dont mind playing with my thing a bit. Because of that i do have a few small injuries, but thats because i didnt have the rubber on me. Otherwise its doing fine.

1 Like

Damn I envy you. Mine is a two-hander I am definitely not talking about the term in urban dictionary. Had to google it to make sure I don’t make mistakes .

… Or well maybe my hands are too small.

1 Like

Mines a big boy as well. Definitely a hastle to use 1 hand. That and my fun sized hands dont help either. Its a pain fondling my thing in public with only 1 hand, especially if youre using your other hand for something else like starbucks. But it definitely has its advantages, especially when you’re trying to entertain yourself and your friends. Both Guys and Girls can appreciate its larger size. Drop it on a table, get some snacks, and you’ve got yourself some excellent bed time fun

1 Like

Can’t agree more, it’s really eye grabbing I remember the first time I showed it to a ex-coworker, she was shocked by it’s size. By her words " That’s really big! How do you use it … My boyfriends is big too, but It’s not as big as yours!"
A fast question: Is the touch sensitive part on yours comfortable for one-handed use ? Because on mine certain places and corners are really hard to reach.

1 Like

Mines not very comfy for pure one handed use, but you can adjust things that make life easier for certain tasks. I still prefer using 2 hands sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah I have seen those accessibility add-ons but have never used them. Have you tried them ?

I have briely, but personally i find them to be annoying sometimes. It makes it lumpy and ruins its natural aesthetic. I just developed a specific grip for certain occasions and its been fine ever since

Yeah I have a specific grip for standing up position but it doesn’t work for when I am laying down, then I feel like I am out of reach.

@Argone still waiting for that image so we can get to the end of this mystery. My guess is that the case was not perfect fit for the phone so sand got between the case and the glass at the back so when you did drop it, it got obliterated.

unless you break its back like the OP.

why would you want to show off the back side? most sensible folks tend to hide it and protect it. And plus, your hand usually covers that area so not everyone sees it

a broken backside is painful and may render it useless and/or to painful to use, if broken enough.