WTB: Sourcing Quality Cable Raceways

Hey all I am in need of cable raceways. Before I begin I am sourcing quality over price. So try not to wonder what my range is on this. Its inconsequential.

So what am I looking for

Design Specs:

• Needs to be metal or plastic
  • If plastic it cant be cheap plastic or single use.
  • Variety of mounting capabilities.
  • Multiple wire drops.
  • A girls touch type EESSSS-THET-IHC (jz2c voice) lol. I mean just a solid good looking piece.
  • non-rackmount
  • Less than 24 inches in length
  • Must hide cables I don’t want to see them racing

Most preferable design

Least preferable design

Has anybody on the forum got solid recommendations.

Reasonable @'s (given you work in the industry and probably see these frequently enough)
@SgtAwesomesauce @Novasty @wendell @Dynamic_Gravity

Sourcing lots of options,

Thanks in advance

My usual go to is usually NavePoint on Ebay.

For anything more sophisticated like an over cabinet raceway it’s gets $$$.

I forget what the vendor was at my old job I’ll have to look them up. They had HEPA cabinets with filters and shit.

1 Like

Thanks.

Got any sources on the over cabinet. Ill have a house eventually might be something I want to keep in mind for the future too

See edit

1 Like

lol those would be a bit overkill for me right now but im interested in seeing it. I will take a look at navepoint on ebay. Quick question… Do they have an amazon store by chance? Im basically going to mount a lot to the bottom of my corner desk and metal is reusable. I really really REALLY like reusable stuff and things that can be repurposed and reconfigured later

I got a rack shelf from NavePoint on amazon maybe a month ago. Nothing fancy, but it does the job. Looks like they have raceways on there also.

1 Like

sweet.

Now I face another issue. How to mount to such a thin corner desk?

Small screws or drill holes and short bolt/nut-washer?

Does it fit between the desk pipe rail and end of desk?

Metal to metal - use nut and bolt, there’s no vibration so you don’t need any spring or conical washers. You don’t want to tap your own threads for a desk - it’s too much work - use a nut.

For metal-metal you might be able to use small neodymium magnets as well if metal is just steel - and they’re handy to have for all kinds of things around the house every once in a while. I got a few packs from a hardware store a while back.

Metal to wood, use a screw, pre drill if it’s hardwood and maybe even pre drill a small pilot if mdf or pine, just to make the screw straight. Ends of desks are usually solid - middle part is usually honeycomb cardboard for cost/weight savings. If you need to screw into the middle, and have cardboard honeycomb inside, you may get lucky by using a screw and a universal/fisher plug… or you can fill the honeycomb cavity with expanding foam and then use a wall plug.

1 Like

Im placing it under the rear center so im not sure what you mean by pipe rail. I wont be placing anything anywhere lower than directly under the table part of the desk

The material I believe is is MDF and I have 1/2 inch #8s

The desk is 0.665 inches thick

(1/2" - screw head - a bit of sheet metal) == (about 8mm inside of veneer + MDF)

uff… MDF is kind of coarse not sure that won’t fall out the first time you kick the thing.
I’d do 4 - for stability, if not for any important holding capacity of “cables” and usb chargers and similar.

might also want to try 16mm or 3/4" if you have them on hand … using same math that’ll leave approx 12mm of thread inside which is plenty, and won’t come out the other end.

Ill see if its an issue. all this stuff is super light weight… and worst case I drill a small pilot wood glue the screw before putting it in… (essentially would act like thread seal)… the screw would be hard to remove but not impossible and I wont likely need to remove it for quite some time if not until I get a new desk. We will see. It all arrives after this weekend

Screws into MDF should work, I think. You’ve just got to be careful not to strip the threads, because MDF does tend to strip out easier than plywood, or hard/soft woods.

1 Like

If you have a business search for adi global (it wont let me post a link) possibly they have a branch in your area but they are business to business only

1 Like