[WTB] 16/32GB DDR3 RAM - 1600MHz+ preferred

Hello everyone! If anyone here got some unused known working (duh) DDR3 kits I’d like to take it off your hands for cheap. Any kit that works reliably will do, I’m not going for a show build.
If anyone wants to sell it to me for 20$ (?), shipping excluded, I’d be happy to buy it.

The old 4790K machine I’ve given to a family member needs this upgrade for work related applications and I can’t find any kit at a reasonable price where I live. The used market is non-existant or overpriced AF.

It’s just a band aid until they go for a full platform upgrade.

Thanks!

1 Like

Location? I’m in EU-land, with an open/untested (!!) HyperX Fury set (2x8GB/1866, EAN 0740617230574) in original box on the shelf. Shipping overseas (outside EU boundaries) will be prohibitive, so may not suit your budget.

I still have some known working DDR3 mainboards to test the sticks on, if required.

1 Like

If you’re in AU I have 2x 4GB low profile and 2x 8GB regular Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600s. They have both seen service in a 4690, and the kits play nicely when installed together on a 4-slot motherboard.

1 Like

Not in AU (yet I guess, who knows). Thanks for having replied!

I have this set of memory that I got from a friend for free. It’s haunted. I could never get it stable with all 4 sticks at 1600. 2 sticks at 1600, no problem. 4 I had to turn down to something like 800 for full stability. So how bad do you want it?

1 Like