WRX90 Enumeration

It seems we have some enumeration issues on the WRX90 when trying to bifurcate the slots up for hardware, once one get past x amount of devices the bios does seem to not be very happy and locks up or loops usually with no post via GPU (VGA will still give post but does nothing) boot loops in order of 07, DF, DE. It would seem enumeration is at fault, anyone had similar issues?

How many devices did you attach to the WRX90?

Having the exact same issue here with my WRX90 board. I have a hyper m.2 card, a GPU (nothing special), and 2 HBA cards. When I go to add another HBA card, I get that exact same issue. I did see that after messing around with everything, I could not get it to post even after putting everything back in the original working orientation. Ended up using CMOS reset button on back IO shield of motherboard and that at least got me working with my original configuration. Going to do more testing on resetting CMOS with new card to see if that is the fix

1 Like

it seems like disabling onboard thunderbolt frees a lot of resources, which fixes it

1 Like

Interesting. Where is that setting located in the bios?

I was digging around the BIOS and I finally found the setting you were mentioning under the following:

Advanced - AMD PBS - Discrete USB4 Features - Discrete USB4 Support (Disabled).

After saving and adding my other HBA everything posts like normal.

Thanks again for the help!

2 Likes

Hi, apologies for radio silence, I have beta I/O resources now in both the Asus and Asrock WRX90 boards, thus allowing for tweaking of resources to be given to above all things, the USB4 bus, early testing is indeed allowing TB storage alongside 7x GPU, I’ll share some (hopefully) good news by early next week and then with any luck this will find its way into some new bio’s shortly :slight_smile:

1 Like