WRX80E-SAGE, RMA replacement BMC DOA? WRX80 alternative mobos?

It was this way from go, I tried changing some settings and flashing the BIOs, still ‘Failed’ status. Any way to try to get it working, or is it turely DOA?

I’ve had a lot of problems w/ this mobo, I really like that all 7 slots are 16x. I have qty5 16x and qty 8x, making sure they don’t block each other / airflow. Anyone familiar with the other WRX80 boards are good/reliable?

Are you able to log into the BMC, and then => flash its firmware <= ?

I put in a static IP, but it’s unresponsive. It’s throwing errors on everything.

so I’ve seen the BMC failed status on another board (asrock wrx80 creator) - and I’ve always been able to fix it by telling the board to wait for BMC on startup. also it probably implies memory stability issues - if you’re running more than 4 channels and applying an xmp profile, be prepared to spend a lot of a time testing ram stability. I’d turn the xmp profile off while you’re trying to figure out whether the board works, especially on 8 channel.

lastly, wrx80 seems fairly sensitive to CPU placement inside the socket. it took me 3 or 4 attempts to get both the memory and pcie slots functioning perfectly. I’d try reseating the CPU a few times before RMAing the board.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.