Working on a set of scripts to automate gpu passthrough on mostly laptops but should work on desktops too

I have taken on a bit of a project. It will be based on Fedora 37 as the heart for updates they did to video drivers and the nice addition of dark mode. The Goal is to automate all the big stuff like checking drivers iommu groups setting up lookingglass downloading windows 10 for the vm and all the trimmings. I found a project that was damn near perfect yet out of date and plugged with bugs. So far going well but hit a nice roadblock for the live cd end and some of the other none live issues…livecd-tools hasnt updated for the new fedora 37 iso yet. anyways if anyone wants to take a look and maybe throw an idea in here or there feel free.

[GitHub - microfire21/MobilePassThrough: Updating and Testing the project](https://The Magic Land of Github and automated install scripts)

1 Like

For to list a few things. It works for muxed and muxless so no worries there. I can only test it on my laptop (Legion 5 15ARH05H) 1660ti / Ryzen 7 4800H / 64 gb corsair ddr4. it is nothing monstrous but I use it to game and code for fun. So far I got everything to work with fedora 34/35/36…Just trying to go big and hit fedora 37 soon as livecd-tools gets updated I will play around more and start fixing the bugs and trying to make it compatible with more hardware types. Unemplyed (disabled vet) so it takes me a long while to get more hardware to test with, But this has been fun and I will rework the project to hopefully work on a wider range of hardware and debloat some of the older scripts. Works with AMD and Nvidia GPU’s and Ipgu. lookingglass has been mapped so single display don’t feel left out this is after all a project for laptops first (I know im selfish lol) and desktop’s second thought. anyways guess that about covers things. Oh live ISO has already been compiled to play with just have to DD it with persistence so system wide changes can be made…anyways have a great one and enjoy.

still waiting for livecd-tools to update their stuff for fedora 37…I just really want to stick with the newer distro ver so as soon as they update I should have a working live cd. As far as the other scripts and things I will be slimming things down and updating everything as I go.

Hope you continue to work on it and have luck! I have a few laptops that I may consider trying/testing this out on in the future. Just leaving a comment of support and so I can find this easier in the future! (I will star the project too of course)

yeah im still waiting for livecd-tools to update for the new fedora 37 fs…you can try it with fedora 36 just have to change a few values

fedora 38 is out but still shooting for fedora 37…really want to be able to have a live environment side with system wide persistence for people to test it without making changes to the machine. Soon as livecd-tools updates I will push on.