Wolfleben's Commentary for Mad Max Fury Road

This is the second commentary from the poll

The Extremely important instructions for listening to the commentary:
I start the recording of my commentary at 0:00:00 for Mad Max Fury Road. IE the opening credits.
It is highly recommended that you start both at the same time.
This is meant to be listened to while watching the film.
I end the commentary a little bit after the credits.

Mistakes I made:
I called Tom Hardy Matt Hardy once.
I mistake the name of a song Flight of the Valkries is not used in the film. Instead the song is Giuseppe Verdi - Messa da Requiem “Dies irae”

Commentary for Mad Max Fury Road

The commentary is still in the process of being uploaded to youtube, it will go live tomorrow and I will add it to this post.

What do you think of Mad Max Fury Road?

What do you think of my commentary of it?

Edit video version is live:

1 Like

2nd best movie ever made!
When I saw it in the theater, I applauded so I hard I think I broke my hand.

1 Like

Plot: Angry lady drives, turns left, then turns around.

11/10

4 Likes

OH MY GOD MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP ROPE
OH MY GOD JR
OH MY GOD

2 Likes

Lol I only do it once.

Mad Max Fury Road was a terrible movie:
Drive out to the middle of nowhere, get a bunch of people killed along the way, then turn around and go back.
Oh, and everything is in short supply after the apocalypse - so lets roll dozens of vehicles getting 6 MPG.
There is nothing redeeming about the movie.

I hear you on that, but I think it fits within the Mad Max universe. Most people have gone insane, dodging the truth that the world is fundamentally ruined and everyone will eventually die off. We can assume that everyone but Max himself dies on the journey they set out on in the end.

As a fan of the Mad Max series I think this was the best ever.
The game is also worth playing, especially if vehicle combat is an at all desired feature.

havent listened to the commentary yet,

but, as far as what i think of the movie,

i’d say its better in some ways then thunderdome for sure(for me anyways), in that thunderdome had those stupid scenes with the kids where its like a kids movie ‘wacky antics’ where they make the adults look like fools at barter town and shit. is like they were trying to make the movie fun for the whole family but is just bad/out of place.

so tonally i would say is much better than thunderdome as far as fitting into the whole max max/ and road warrior universe. and production wise, i would say its the best one yet for sure, as far as the actual execution, they had really good effects/stunts, the vehicles were great, good cinematography, good audio, good acting performances. they had a much higher budget and its shows.

story wise, i would say its pretty good still but would probably give the nod more towards og mad max, where in this one it seemed most of the stuff that was actually fucked up/happened didnt really happen to max or effect him in any way(like when the lady went under the wheel)

as the concept that max is just a tool to push the plot along but most none of it really effects him, i would say it works but, maybe diminishes the level of interest/investment in what happens to say immortan joe.

so id say pretty similar to road warrior for me, whereits good entertainment but not the most meaningful story or anything

edit: but definitely looking forward to the rumored future titles if they happen

1 Like

I like Road Warrior.
(And the first one)

Though Furry Road did have some great shots.

1 Like

what you think about thunderdome? :stuck_out_tongue:

feel like its a mistep although it did have some really good ideas that are now universally known almost, like thunderdome spoofs/references/memes. but also some bad decisions lol(dat kid shit)

I’ve never seen it. I’ve had many hardcore Mad Max fans tell me don’t watch it every. So I haven’t. I have seen the rest though. The american English dub of the first film is horrible, glad the re release has the proper original Australian English in it. For me Mad Max Road Warrior will always be my favorite.

dunno, has some really good scenes but alot of stuff thats cheesy/bad/out of place

like the whole thunder dome concept, the chant 2 men enter one man leaves, the whole plot with master blaster/hiring max, powering the city, when the helmet comes off blaster near the end of the thunderdome scene ‘the reveal’

but the kid stuff, i dont know, i mean them being natives or whatever where they lost all technology, conceptually maybe that stuff isnt too bad, but in execution it went pretty bad, and just gets worse from there, with them same kids, 80s cheesball shit

edit: hard to say i suppose :p. i mean can give appreciation more for fury road/the earlier films, and why there was such a time lapse, but also has some decent ideas/scenes

1 Like

It was a misstep though a must watch for any mad max fan. I share most if not all my opinion with that of Razorfist’s thunderdome review

nah was just curious lol :p.

mostly just hoping them rumors about 2 more coming being true, as fury road was pretty good

1 Like