Wolfenstein Issue- What is this?

So background:
It’s just Wolfenstein TNO
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9 Ghz
16gb ddr4 ram
gtx 1080 65 ish C at 1.9 Ghz

Corrupt textures?

Just to be sure, does it happen at stock voltage/clock/mem on the 1080?

1 Like

everything on the 1080 is stock

1 Like

and it just crashed

ran flawless on my 390x the whole playthough.

Seems like you are not alone though this game has a lot of complaints online about nvidia performance / problems, which I find odd as doom had no such issues.

I have been switching between Shadow of War and The new order and I only ever see the issues on TNO. Currently I’m stress testing my 1080 to see what happens

ah, sorry tno

thought this was the new Colossus

Would have though any / all bugs would have been ironed out by now for that game.

Other than horried megatexture pop in that game also ran fine…

I honestly think that megatextures was ‘too early’, completely sucks up vram and ran like poop on last gen consoles that didnt have enough… gave the engine a bad rep.

This is TNO not the TNC. It is on the earlier engine not the IDTech 6 Doom Engine.

TNO is pretty notorious for weird shit and horrid performance. I really had to fuck with it to get it to any playable level on my 390. Even then it had horrid texture pop in and FPS drops.

The 1080 Ti did a little better.

But it is pretty well known for really unexplainable or even unrepeatable issues

1 Like

I’m going to try lowering the quality and buffers

Idk, it’s pretty new, so maybe there are just some kinks to work out… Unless you can test on a fresh Windows install, or find someone online with the same problem, it’s difficult to diagnose.

Yeah, play with the settings and see if you can find a stable config. It might not be as pretty, but at least you can play until they patch it.

Best of luck!

I had a similar issue on The New Colossus but nowhere near as bad.
Some times the textures had a checkerboard effect, where some squares were sharp and some blurry or off color.

simulated

It’s a pain… I went back 2 drivers but now the sound is cutting out in cutscenes… So yeah… At least it’s not crashing. I have settled for playing with subtitles. I’m still enjoying killin nazis. It’s just appears to be a poor port.