Wolfeben's Request for Anime Recommendations

I recommendations for anime that I should watch. One requirement: The Show must be available to stream on Crunchyroll or Netflix.

My preferred genres are: Drama, Thought Provoking, Slice of Life.

Link to what I've watched:
https://kitsu.io/users/wolfleben/library?status=completed

List of my favorites:
Aoharu x Machinegun
Big O
Coppelion
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note [Though I personally only watch just Season 1. I still Own 2 but I didn't enjoy as much]
Death Note [Live Action Film] And Death Note the Last Name [Also Live Action]
Death Parade
.hack//SIGN
Hellsing Ultimate
Hunter X Hunter [2011]
Erased
Ranpo Kitan Game of Laplace
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Gurren Lagann
Joker Game
Kiznaiver
Kill la Kill
Log Horizon
Mushi-Shi
Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack
Gundam Wind Endless Waltz
Paranoia Agent
Parasyte: The Maxim
Psycho-Pass [Season 2 and the Movie were okay but Season 1 is my favorite]
Samurai Troopers [Yes I know in America it was called Ronin Warriors. But the DUB didn't include alot of the context that the Japanese version has.]
Samurai X Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut [This is an amazing and tragic origin story of Kenshin.]
Rurouni Kenshin [It is disappointing the series never covered one of the arcs of the Manga but it is a solid adaptation.]
Samurai X Reflections [Emotions]
Space Brothers
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
Tokyo Ghoul [Season 1 only cause 2 was a hot mess]
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Kyousougiga
Claymore
One Punch Man

What recommendations do you have for me?

3 Likes

The only thing I take issue with is the constraint of Netflix and Crunchyroll. if you use Netflix for strictly anime I would just recommend you quit that and just grab Hulu since their back catalogue on anime is just legendary, but if not oh well.

As for Recommendations

• xxxHolic (Comedy / Psychological)
  • Elfen Lied (Horror / Psychological)
  • Fuuka (Comedy / Romance)
  • The World God Only Knows (Comedy / Romance)

as for more, you basically either are watching or have watched everything else I would recommend.

1 Like

Mob Psycho 100, same creator at One Punch Man. The MC is a nearly all powerful telekinetic who desperately wants to be normal to the point of suppressing his emotions. I personally like if better than OPM.

Drifters, created by Kouta Hirano (Hellsing), At the moment of death Historical figures from throughout time are whisked away by someone to a world. Toyohisa Shimazu wakes up to encounter Oda Nobunaga and Yoichi Suketaka Nasu who decide to free some elves from the tyrannical human government.

3 Likes

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, the son of a disgraced noble and the son of a thief are caught up in the fight to stop an ancient dragon of destruction from being resurrected and protect a mysterious girl.

1 Like

I wish I knew more about Anime.
I loved it when I used to be more into the graphic novels back in the day.
Here are a few older titles that I liked.

Project A-ko - Sailor Moon school girls with DBZ powers fighting in Mecha.

Roujin Z - Old man's robotic hospital bed runs amok.

ROBOTECH: The New Generation. SE03 only
A small band of freedom fighters vs the Invid invaders across America.

Robot Carnival - Collection of shorts.

Steamboy - Steampunk Anime starring Patrick Stewart.

Akira - I had every comic book collected.
. Aaaand then my landlord threw the box away. Arrrgh!

3 Likes

If you liked deathnote, you'll love Code Geass. If you like Code Geass, give My Hero Academy a spin.

6 Likes

I second both of those choices.

4 Likes

I use Netflix for more than just anime. I can't afford Hulu each month just yet but I do plan to get it.

1 Like

Since I don't see it in the list nor does it seemed to be recommended.

• Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World)

If you can get your hands on it.

2 Likes

I think what you want is Kokoro Connect, covers all the genres you ask for. It looks like the dub is on Netflix, but I'm not sure since I don't have it.

I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Here's another that covers all you genres.

Also highly recommend.
It's on Funimation, but it's free with ads.

3 Likes

Available on CR.
Very much interesting, it didn't appear to be what I expected right off the bat.

If you wanted a gritty Gundam series, I highly recommend Iron Blooded Orphans (which has recently wrapped up!) - it should be on Crunchyroll too.

Youjo Senki - AKA The Saga of Evil Tanya is another good one. Although that's only finished it's first season.

4 Likes

I second Youjo Senki as well but you must watch the first two episodes to really get a taste of the show.

2 Likes

Choo Choo, all aboard the feels train!

Your Lie in April, Kousie a piano prodigy can't play after his mother's death but things turn around when he meets Kaori, a violinist, slowly things start to move forward again.

a great complimentary series to that would be,

Ore Monogatari, Takeo looks like a fucking gorilla and his best friend Sunakawa looks like a playboy so poor Takeo never has a chance since girls always fall for his best friend but when Yamato appears he goes for it anyway.

This series is so damn sweet and innocent it is a very funny and uplifting counter to Your Lie in April.

3 Likes

highly recommend "Another" very very good

2 Likes

You may like Future Diary. And if you like Gundam, Iron blooded orphans is pretty good. Also check out Alderaman on the sky.

1 Like