Wireless something to plug into router

Hello! So I am not sure what I am looking for so I will explain my situation.

I am at university and I have two other roommates in an apartment they both have a wired connection to the router and I do not. The problem is that our isp (telus) is rather shit with help. My room is >15m from the router and when my roommates are home I can barley load the Google homepage in under 10min. I thought about getting a long Ethernet cable but having it run through the living room and kitchen is not really doable. However, if I go and park by the router and connect my laptop via Ethernet while they are both gaming I can still  get 2mbps download speeds. So I am 99% sure the wireless on the router is just crap.

So, what I am wondering is if some device exists that I can plug into an Ethernet port on the router that I can then wirelessly connect to my PC so I would essentially have my own wired connection. I should also mention even sitting by the router the wireless connection is junk.

My wireless adapter is ASUS PCE-N53 in my previous place I had no problem with internet speeds either.

easy. just hook up a fast wireless router as a slave to the master router. you essentially just make your own wifi network off of the connection.  

Is it just as easy as plugging in the new router to the existing one? also any recommendations?

Don't get a whole new router to plug into the existing one. If you wanted to get a new, better router, you would just use it as the lone router. What you're looking for since the router's wireless sucks is an access point. 

It plugs in to ethernet and then transmits a wifi signal. These are pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-UniFi-Enterprise-System/dp/B004XXMUCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422580067&sr=8-1&keywords=ubiquiti+unifi

That is awesome except in Canada I can't find one for cheaper than $120

I wouldn't know how to find one cheaper for canada, sorry :/

Well I found an asus N53 router at a bestbuy for 45$ i may just go pick that up