Wireless Peripherals

I have recently purchased a wireless mouse and keyboard, however, I'd like to purchase wirelse's speakers if I can. However, I haven't even looked online yet, but can you guys recommend any half decent wireless speakers?

I would have a 110% wireless set up if I could, even wireless display if there were a decent enough solution. I dislike having many wires around my setup, and due a lot issues, cable management isn't an option really, or at least there's no long term solution that I can/could use. I mean the best possible solution I could use is adhesive, but back on to topic.

Can anyone recommend or suggest any good wireless sound systems? I don't want headphones, but speakers, please could anyone recommend good wireless speakers? Also, I am sorry for babbling on.

When its finished you'll be able to say all the wires Argon.

5 Likes

I like it, well done, bonus points awarded.

1 Like

Sonos and Bose have decent wireless speakers.
LG has wireless home cinema solutions. It really depends on what you want to spend.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that anything from Bose is going to be at least somewhat half decent? But I didn't know they've started making wireless speakers, I guess the whole Bluetooth thing is becoming more popular though? People having those portable speakers too and what not.

For cost, I don't mind spending a fair penny, but not too much, I don't mind spending 100~150 or so. 150 would have to be my max budget.

Just a word of caution, if you're going to have a wireless keyboard I'd recommend doing some bit of research to see if there are security vulnerabilities. Even in 2016 this is a problem. Should be safe if its a Bluetooth keyboard or from the Logitech manufacturer. The other peripherals I wouldn't worry too much if its vulnerable.

As for the wireless speakers, personally I'd look into adapter options. Being a bit of an audiophile I wouldn't want to sacrifice audio quality; wireless speakers aren't really good when you compare them to the wired options. Here's one example of a wireless audio adapter:

I could then keep my M-Audio BX5 D2's :).

But I should be fine with passwords anyway as I have 2 step verification on everything. But I'll look into it anyway! :)

Plus even with that threat, I'm pretty much the only one on my street that knows how to use a command line, or what Linux is. I live in a rural area with very old fashioned people.

If you must know it's a cheap keyboard that uses Bluetooth and has a range of 10M.

Yea, I don't think its anything to worry about then, for your case. It just surprised me when I learned of this and I figured it would be interesting to mention.

That's totally fair enough! It's always good to learn as much as you can about security because even if you know what you're doing, it can still be an issue.