Wireless ANC: Bose QC35/Sehnheiser PXC550/Sony MDR 1000X

I'm looking to get a good wireless ANC headset for daily usage (work commute). I previously looked at cheaper models but the reviews and information I was able to find were far from convincing. So I settled on saving up for the Bose QC35.

But I now noticed the Sehnheiser PXC550/Sony MDR 1000X are taking on the QC35 and from what I read, they are doing quite well. Bose has it's reputation and the QC35 has been around for quite a while getting good reviews and feedback, but the Sehnheiser/Sony models have technical advantages (more ANC features and audio codecs which could be more future-proof for a headset costing nearly 400€). I also want to take into account customer service etc. (Sony...?).

As in Belgium it is not that easy finding these sets to try them out, and a store environment is not the same as a train or airplane anyway, I was wondering if any of you has real solid experience and/or advice regarding any of these 3 options.

As to audio quality: I listen to nearly everything except dance music. That includes classical music as well as heavy metal. For podcasts etc. the audio quality is not that superimportant.

Edit: I went with the Sony MDR1000x. Best tech I have bought in the last time. If you see good reviews: believe them. If you have questions, ping me here.

From my tests a few years ago (with lab equipment e.g. professional microphone, ocilliscope and function generators) the Sennheiser products are by far the best quality. And the prices are Uber sharp.

But note I did not test wireless headphones or systems. No Bluetooth or anything.

Personally I use a Chinese REMAX brand Bluetooth sports headset I bought in Hong Kong last year for only 10 dollar. It has two codecs. One for stereo music and the other for mono with microphone channel for making calls.

I am very surprised that it switches between phonecalls, chatcalls and listening to music just fine. I get about 3 hours of music time from one charge.

It's Uber cheap and quality is quite good. I can pickup/hangup calls. Set volume and previous/next song and play/pause just fine.

10 dollar I kid you not.

When I'm home sometimes I connect it to my television or laptop (linux) and works fine but still prefer to use my Sennheiser HD201 wired as its way better then my speaker system or Bluetooth set.

These lower cost Sennheiser headphones easy beat 500 dollar silly Billy bling bling brand headphones. I can prove it...