Wireless adapter issues

the Wireless adapter I'm using is this: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WN725N-Wireless-Adapter-150Mbps/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446421894&sr=1-7&keywords=wifi+adapter

the Router is the Sagem FAST 1704 (I think) It's from my ISP, But doesn't seem to be too bad.

as far as what speed the router supports, 72Mbps is what windows said the connection speed was, so I just assumed that was the router speed.

it can't be a signal issue because it works in the exact same spot when booted into linux. I've also tried different devices in the same exact spot and they work fine.

AHHA now I know what we are talking about.. 72 mbps is the throughput of your internet connection is. something tells me TP links drivers are messed up for windows. Have you considered installing different update revisions and seeing if that fixes the problem. See you see it works in linux. Thats because linux drivers are made by the chip manufacturer i.e broadcom. Thats how it is in linux and it works very nicely. So i would try to see if some of the earlier windows driver version work. But make sure you completely get rid of older drivers and make sure windows does not auto update them. ALSO

consider getting your own dedicated home routers.. they are far superior and honestly all ISP stuff is complete crap

1 Like

I have tried different revisions of the driver from TP-Link, but I've also tried the drivers that windows installs by default, which are the Realtek Chipset drivers.

new revelation. today, I fired up some Insurgency, and it worked for a while, but the out of the blue started lagging badly again. it's NOT a router or WAN issue since even while i'm having issues I can do things just fine on the other computers in the house. this is really bugging me.

Try the ones windows installs by default. I think the realteks are pretty solid drivers.

I have. they are the ones installed currently.

Well as its a USB adapter and Linux seems to have no trouble, have you tried installing different/updating your USB drivers? Try updating your chipset drivers and see if that helps and if Intel cpu - update your Intel IME drivers

1 Like

LOL he stole it.. I was going to reply with this when I got home

2 Likes

this seemed to solve the issue! thanks!

1 Like