Wireguard tunnel no traffic but allow all incoming traffic

Network Configuration :
Internet → VPS → Home Server

I am trying to host some services on homeserver using VPS public ip. I have forwarded ports on VPS. On homeserver, if I set AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0 in wireguard config, port forwarding works and I can access all my services using vps ip address. But all traffic on Homeserver is routed through wireguard which I want to avoid.

If I remove AllowedIPs from config, internet traffic is not routed through wireguard but I cannot access my services either.

I am using wg-quick for wireguard setup.

What I want to do is route all internet traffic without wireguard tunnel, but allow incoming connections on wireguard tunnel so my services are accessible through internet.

Config :

I am only trying to forward port 56000.

VPS :

sudo cat /etc/ufw/before.rules

*nat
:PREROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:POSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
-A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 56000 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.7.0.5
-A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p udp --dport 56000 -j DNAT --to-destination 10.7.0.5
-A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

COMMIT
sudo ufw status

To                         Action      From
--                         ------      ----
10.7.0.5 56000/tcp         ALLOW FWD   Anywhere
10.7.0.5 56000/udp         ALLOW FWD   Anywhere

Client has no firewall. Forwarding already works (if AllowedIPs is 0.0.0.0/0)

Start by replacing the firewall with nftables or something else that isn’t deprecated

The VPS is running docker, which has some issues with nftables.

Besides the forward works fine, how do I allow any source address packets through the tunnel though ?

Bump, any ideas how to do this ?

Don’t have time to stick around, but can you search for conntrack to allow return traffic

And compare ip route before, and after setting the tunnel up?

It might be adding a default route to send all outbound traffic over the link, which would be desired for homemade VPN… Bit not needed four yourself.

The conntrack thing, should remember an incoming session ,and allow return traffic for it, iirc
Might need ESTABLISHED or something?

Yes, I thought about modifying routing table, but I don’t understand how to reduce the priority of the wireguard interface.