Wireguard, Pihole, DDNS configuration for Router Verizon WAN router

Greetings all, I’m looking for some advice on how to structure my network. Im currently using a Tenda AC15 4-port LAN router behind a Verizon AP router. What Id like to do is setup my pihole DNS server on my local network subnet which is on the Tenda router. The router is flashed with freshtomato which allows for wireguard server to run on the device. Id also like the wireguard server which is running on the router to be connectable to the WAN, which would be setup through NoIP DDNS.

I need advice on potential issues i may come across, and general configuration advice which may help me be successful in this project. So far i have a few questions:

1. Do I have to be concerned with NAT? As far as I know Verizon doesnt have me behind a NAT.

2. Will the NoIP DDNS provider have any issues connecting to my tenda router (there are ddns options already on it for setup) or should this be setup on the Verizon fios router?

3. Are there any firewall settings i will have to mess with since its a router behind a router with a network and its own subnet?

Thanks for any responses in advance!

Check. Is your Tenda getting a public or a private IPv4 from Verizon. if private you’re NAT-ed and you’ll have to port forward.

They don’t connect to you.

You just tell them your public IP so that other devices on other networks elsewhere in the world can find you (… or so you can find your home network from somewhere else).

If Verizon is NAT -ing you, and they probably are, then you might need to forward a UDP port (pick one), from Verizon router to tenda. If not , you’ll probably be fine. You might also need to punch a hole in tomato firewall for those UDP packets.