Windows corruption issue

I performed sfc /scannow in the command prompt with administrator privileges and got this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Basically I've been having errors in GTA V because of this (as confirmed by Rockstar Support) but they said they couldn't help me resolve this issue as it's a Windows issue. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas how I can resolve this without going so far as to reinstalling Windows? I don't have the CD for it, so I'll probably wait until Windows 10 for that kind of solution. I tried looking for a Windows 7 ISO, but not had much luck there.

You can get the install media tool from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

and check the product key from the control panel.

If your key is upgrade-only, 8 instead of 8.1, or some nonsense like that, use either of these generic keys (while offline) and change it after installation:

Windows 8.1 (Not Pro): 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT
Windows 8.1 Pro: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB

I'm using Windows 7. Will this upgrade it for free?

Oh, didn't notice that. No, you need a valid product key, or you'll see an annoying pop-up nagging you to activate every few hours.

Hello!

Have you by chance tried these steps in the article by clicking here? Let me know if so so we can try something else.

Yeah this was the first place I went to. I have tried all of this except for the parts requiring the Windows CD.

If you have critical system files that can't be repaired, and you haven't made any backups that you can refresh your system to, then a reinstall is all you can do.

Use this tool from M$ and use this make the bootable usb, and use this to get your license key.

EDIT: Also, if you don't want to use the tool from M$ then just use the MJB keyfinder(link above), enter you key on the M$ support page, and then download the iso from them. Then use rufus (link above), to write that iso to the flash drive. This is what I would reccomend you do.

And here is the mirror for the windows iso (get which ever one you need)
Link to mirror

There seem to be multiple Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. How do I know which one to choose? Also I don't have a USB Flash drive, so DVD would be preferable.

same thing just burn the iso to a disk instead. And you will look for the windows version with an "en" on it. For english.

English is normally a good choice.

Perhaps if you are unsure, there is a way to create a Windows 7 Universal Install disc. You can read more about it here.

Thanks for the help guys. GTA seems to be working fine since the Nvidia driver update. I will likely use this if I have problems again though. I feel perhaps Rockstar Support may have been wrong on this one if the video driver upodate fixed my problem.

GTA has started crashing again so I'm going to go ahead with the suggested fix.

I tried torrenting both en Win 7 64, but neither initiated. :/

Never mind, found another source for the ISO.

ok :)

Before I do the reinstall, one more thing... My computer came with OEM. Will using retail version ISO be ok? (My research has yielded conflicting responses so far)

Technically no, but if you feel worried about it then don't erase the OEM partition on your hard drive.