Windows 8 Developer Preview

MS just released 3 versions of the Developer Preview, ie, pre-beta version of Windows 8. To choose which one you want head over to their site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516

Note that if you want one with the developer's tools, you'll need a DL DVD disc. Burned it, tried booting from it, "ntoskrnl.exe missing". Ah wtf

Already more than 500000 users downloading this, go grab it!

just add the file your missing to the image with winrar and burn it again, or it might just be a bad disc if you used a high write speed

im gonna wait for the beta cus u know

mickeydeath said:

im gonna wait for the beta cus u know

I think RTM is better, but beta is worth it if anyone doesn't like waiting

yea, i have used it on a touch screen computer as well as using the mouse and keyboard.....

im uninstalling win7 and fully switching over to linux on the release date.

ztrain said:

yea, i have used it on a touch screen computer as well as using the mouse and keyboard.....

im uninstalling win7 and fully switching over to linux on the release date.

Little bit disappointed? Ends up your desktop isn't a phone, huh?

I dont think I can say this enough:

The metro ui is optional in final version. Can also be tweaked away in dev version.

GreenSLi said:

I dont think I can say this enough:

The metro ui is optional in final version. Can also be tweaked away in dev version.

right... but i was expecting more... the only thing nice i have seen that they have added is built in .iso support...

i hardly game now.... and even if i did, wine has gotten a lot better with directx... ill still have windows on my laptop, but i have been meaning to switch to linux, and well... not seenig much good with windows 8 is pushing me to do that.