Windows 7 install problem

Hey Raze help me wit windows 7 install? Right after I select the partition I want it on the screen flashes a few times and then I get the error message

Windows cannot install files. The file may be corrupt or missing.Error code 0x80070017.

A google search indicates that this usually means a bad DVD, but this is a legit windows 7 disc

try cleaning the disc

if your disk is too messed up download the trial then install it and use your key to activate it.

you can get an ISO image and download the legit tool from windows to put it on a flashdrive, make sure its not a shit one or else you'll get the same error and don't put any other data after you image it

lookin at the disc now the disc looks fucked up, and I just pulled it out the box last nite, went straight from the box to my DVD drive, so I guess I bought a fucked up disc....

installed scene release and used my product key, worked fine, wierd that I got a bad disc from MS tho, wonder if I can bitch at them and score somthin free...if you pay $200 for a disc it should fucking work no matter what

lookin at the disc now the disc looks fucked up, and I just pulled it out the box last nite, went straight from the box to my DVD drive, so I guess I bought a fucked up disc....

installed scene release and used my product key, worked fine, wierd that I got a bad disc from MS tho, wonder if I can bitch at them and score somthin free...if you pay $200 for a disc it should fucking work no matter what

Lol you bought Windows? Who does that? Microsoft already own enough money. But yeah, you need your money back.

Boov said:

Lol you bought Windows? Who does that? Microsoft already own enough money. But yeah, you need your money back.

lol hell no I didnt buy windows, building a computer for my grandpa, hes actually fairly tech savvy and purchased a ton of software for it

wooly4, go torrent a windows ISO (make sure it is the same version as your real disk).

extract the files to a fat32 formatted flashdrive.

boot from your flashdrive

install windows

after its done, type in your legit key, dont use the crack program that came with the torrent.

not to mention its faster to install from a flashdrive.....

really dont use crack and key?? are u sure?/

wooly4 said:

really dont use crack and key?? are u sure?/

Why the hell would you use a crack if you got a legit key.

:S

GreenSLi said:

Why the hell would you use a crack if you got a legit key.

:S

cuz it will be double activated right?? XD

wooly4 said:

cuz it will be double activated right?? XD

No it won't, lol. I have an OEM version which I've used multiple times after upgrading components. It should be fine.

i had the same problem but it wasn't the disc it was the hard drive it had the click of death

....sarcasm

Hi,
If you didn’t fix the problem yet, try to disable your antivirus.
cheers