Windows 11 has been deemed incompatible with virtual machine software

My physical machine running Windows 11 prompts “Virtual machine environment detected” when launching certain software and won’t open. How can this be resolved?

1 Like

Disable Intel VMX/VTD or AMD V(I)/SVM

You could probably just disable Virtualization Based Security features, no need to completely disable virtualization technology.

Are you sure you actually want to help the bot escape it’s confines?

1 Like

I know this isn’t what you’re looking for but I found it makes my life better…

If this is what I think it is - this whole picture is wrong.

They aren’t letting you run it. I wouldn’t bother with trying to resolve it, I’d ditch it.

That they won’t let you run in a VM is bad enough, that the check is seemingly broken and blocks running on your bare metal is just the cherry on the cake.

The more I’ve managed to ditch software like this the happier my computing life has become.

Of course, how else would it find Sarah Connor?

1 Like

Problem is, doing this prevents you from using enhanced security features within windows itself for sandboxing various components or apps inside virtualised environments.

This isn’t a windows issue - this is an application issue. Let me guess? Game with anti-cheat?

Right, basically pick your poison.

Would be nice to have per application settings, but it is what it is.