Windows 10 xbox app can't sign in 0x406

"First Things to Do With a New Windows 10 Laptop | Kill Bloatware, Lock it Down, Make it Epic"

I need help I did the whole removeapp packages stuff but added back windows store so I could install the xbox app for forza and all that but I get "can't sign in 0x406" on the xbox app and the oly solutions I can find online is a microsoft employee saying to run the reinstall all apps through powershell but i don't want the advertising.xaml apps to get reinstalled. windows 10 anniversary edition.

If anything try to remove the store again, make sure you ran power shell as admin, here is the command:

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

I would then restart and then once logged in again, run power shell as admin and run the command to get the latest version of the store installed.

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11607.1001.51.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" -DisableDevelopementMode

I am not too sure what you mean by:

I assume you are on the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition? If no, then you can download the updated here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
I had some trouble trying to get the update going. Just ran the program and it began updating.

yes I am and I just barely fixed it but anybody else that has this issue might want to know that it was:

Name : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider
Publisher : CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
Architecture : X64
ResourceId :
Version : 11.18.16009.0
PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_11.18.16009.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_11.18.16009.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
IsFramework : False
PackageFamilyName : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe
PublisherId : 8wekyb3d8bbwe
PackageUserInformation : {S-1-5-18 [S-1-5-18]: Staged}
IsResourcePackage : False
IsBundle : False
IsDevelopmentMode : False

I also added back anything that said anything about app store like purchase, installer, ect and

Name : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
Publisher : CN=Microsoft Windows, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
Architecture : Neutral
ResourceId : neutral
Version : 1000.14393.0.0
PackageFullName : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_1000.14393.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
InstallLocation : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_cw5n1h2txyewy
IsFramework : False
PackageFamilyName : Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI_cw5n1h2txyewy
PublisherId : cw5n1h2txyewy
PackageUserInformation : {S-1-5-21-4151757972-173549468-365884954-1000 [RSmorex]: Installed}
IsResourcePackage : False
IsBundle : False
IsDevelopmentMode : False

not sure exactly which one fixed the issue but pretty sure it was just the identity provider which is odd and must be an anniversary edition issue becuase on windows 10 home I only had to reinstall C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11607.1001.51.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe like you said but allow me to add something mine always failed unless it looked like this

Add-AppxPackage -register “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_11606.1001.39.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe/AppxManifest.xml” –DisableDevelopmentMode

it said in the red error text in powershell it needs to end in AppxManifest.xml

IF you just want to play AOE Definitive edition and cant be stuffed or bother worrying about being spied on …

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Command Prompt(Admin)

c: Now type the following command and hit enter

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

After a restart (signing out and back in didn’t work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

This will install any missing built-in apps you may have uninstalled.

just like the Windows Store and Xbox App … Clear and delete and Reinstall all things
load up xbox app and she works like a charm!