Windows 10 creators update issues. Gamma/brightness gets overwritten upon login

Windows 10 creators update issues, at least on my end. Every time I log into Windows my gamma/brightness gets cranked up. But when I watch a YouTube video it returns to what it needs to my default settings. Then when go to a game, it cranks those settings up again. Has anyone had that problem with this new update? AMD is my CPU and GPU. The gamma and or brightness goes to normal after a full screen YouTube video. Then gets cranked up once I launch a game. It really is annoying. I don't even have that night light feature turned on. I have the latest drivers for everything. Even if I go and adjust the gamma manually, once I go back to the game, the display does the issue again.

Edit, when I turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome, the gamma stays the same.

try resetting your video driver settings back to defaults.

Yes, there is a problem in Windows. Microsoft fixed that in 16199 build of insider update, it is unknown when this fix will be in the stable release. But you can install drivers starting from 17.4.3 and lower. I had the same problem and I went back to 17.4.1 driver and it's fine now.

1 Like

How can I get the drivers when they are not on AMDs website? The older drivers are not there only recent drivers are.

I have also tried resetting my video driver to defaults.

Small minor note. At the Windows log in screen the gamma is fine, but as stated once I log in it is cranked up. Here is some pictures.

After logging in.

After watching a YouTube video with hardware acceleration on.

You can tell it is darker than the first picture.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-17.4.1-Release-Notes.aspx

Find there the download links for system.

Or you can go to radeon setting -> preferences -> additional radion settings -> pixel format -> change to full rgb. This also fixes the issue.

Update. My computer did not like me changing the pixel format. I rolled back the driver and now my eyes are glad. Problem is fixed. I cannot wait for an official patch.

1 Like

As of today the problem is back, even on the old GPU drivers.

Time to nuke Windows and start over.

It's probably because Windows Update installs the newer version of the driver. This happened to me to. You need to uninstall driver, then use this program from Microsoft, you can use one for Anniversary Update, to disable update for the GPU driver, then install version of the driver that you want.

Thanks for your help, Avast was keeping me from changing the pixel format. So since I joined the insiders program, my problem remained. However since Avast is gone, my pixel format can now be changed. I am even on the same driver you posted. However once the next build gets sent out, I will then try and update AMD's drivers to the latest.

I am marking this as solved, as of the latest AMD Radeon drivers the problem is now fixed. I can use all color profiles and not blinded by an absurd amount of gamma.