Win 10 bug

I have a client with there windows 10 install this is the issue as the secretary for the bushiness describes she sent screenshots any ideas?

what is the significance of the four digit number
if its confidential DO NOT tell me what it means then

Apologies, I removed the first screenshot as it looks like it may have some address and name details which are probably best edited out and reuploaded first.

On your issue is there an actual quote with that number in the name? I didn’t see one.

my client is a contractor that is how his secretary and him manage invoices so it’s pretty dam important for them

Is the Search Indexing service turned off? I don’t think that search bar actually searches the file system. I think it only searches the Search Index.

1 Like

rebuild the index?

Personally I use openshell for my start menu and the search in that is far more useful.

1 Like

Oh I’m gonna find this! My hate for Windows Search knows no bounds. It’s SO useless, I more often than not just open a cmd prompt from Explorer and do a dir /s.

openshell gives you a windows 7 like start menu on 10 but also has neat features like a working search.

2 Likes

Question. Why did the search of windows turn into crap all of a sudden. search on Windows 7 was awesome. Worked well for me When I ran that.

AFAIK nothing has really changed from 7 to 10. People always had indexing issues with 7 too.

1 Like

I never did. But in 10, it was horrid. Also in 10 they changed alot of the shortcut search terms also iirc.

works on my machine

yes you and me may get that but his secretary does not she needs something super easy