Win 10 and AMD APU

Here is what I have. All new setup http://pcpartpicker.com/p/h6B2pg. System boots, UEFI work fine, boot to USB drive and then installs windows. When the UEFI hands over to windows it turns the monitor off and thats all she wrote. I have windows 7 installed but I have a win 10 Key I would like to use. Any help will be appriciated.

Thanks Kenneth

Remove the Nvidia card from the system (it's probably cause you don't have GPU drivers installed) install the 950 drivers from Nvidia's sight and see if it fixes your issue.

Not sure how the Nvidia card got on the list, it is not in the system. Video is now blinking on and off while windows 10 is installing. Not sure if it is a Driver problem, a APU problem, or a SSD problem. Windows is now installing, I am going to worry about this tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas edited pcpart picker

can you plug the system into like a TV? or some other monitor? if it's happening it's the system.

Have tried several monitors, several DVI and VGA cables, this morning it is blinking on and off with a "We couldn't install Windows 10" 0xC1900101 -0x30018 The installlation failde in FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation

What did you use the make the windows 10 USB? Also what kind of USB, 2.0 or 3.0?

USB 2.0, used windows media creation tool and it has both 64 x86 on it. I have used it on another computer. I used it on another PC and it worked fine.

If you're using the iGPU it might just end up being a compatibility issue with windows 10 and your motherboard

Try installing it under a virtual machine from within windows 7

Will try that, thanks for the idea

Kenneth

Thanks for the help, problem solved. Had to force the IGFX video in the UEFI, I also Forced the Intergrated Graphics. It was hiding in the NB Configuration. Another lesson learned.

Kenneth

1 Like