Will The Next-Gen Consoles See MOARR Core's being used in gaming?

Will The Next-Gen Consoles See MOARR Core's being used in gaming? I was thinking about it;

• The next gen are X86 architecture,
  • They have 8 Cores,

Those are my only reasons. But will we see optimization for 8 cores, especially on the AMD side, if so will quad cores be redundant? Will it be just a console thing and the FX-8 Cores be crying because nobody loves their extra cores?

I like question marks??

MOARR Core's are allready here in the pc gameing world :D

I see you're a fan of the reflex sight shotgun.... I perfer silenced stuff myself....

Its the bull shotgun....i like the shreder and the bow for stealthy work the bull is good for those dam tiger's and bear's that sneek up on you.

Anyways, Although the new consoles do have 8 cores, I believe the core clock is much MUCH lower than that of a regualr desktop processor. Quads will not be made redundant, as long as a single core is faster than 2 of the consoles then there shall be no issues.

Though I don't believe it will change the quality of gaming in regards to hardware utilization immediatley. It will affect things further down the line in a couple of years towards the middle of the new generation consoles life span.

Well the next gen consoles have 8 (low clock speed core's to keep down heat)

Thay will be useing only 6 core's for gameing 2 cores are held back for the OS and all the background junk (like recording gameplay running the operating sistem ect ect)

:O MOOOOAR CORES

I have my U100 for dat....  silenced F1 with red dot, to a lesser extent.

outposts I take out with mah silenced Z93 (e-mag and high-power scope)...

I prefer to hit them from where they can't hit me

I kinda doubt that.... I think they'll use all 8... the OS doesn't need an entire core to itself

Microsoft and sony allready confirmed 2 of the cores are dedicated to the operating system and the system(s) unique tasks 6 are for gameing