Wii U to Desktop Connection (Solved)

Hey guys, weird tech question:
I'm trying to have my Wii U have wired online play. Usually a LAN adapter like the one shown is required as the Wii U has no Ethernet Port, but I'm trying to get around that.
I figured that maybe I could connect my Wii U to my Gaming Desktop via HDMI or USB, perhaps the Wii u could grab the internet connection from my desktop and I could play online games. Does anyone know if a thing like this is even possible?

The wii U has wireless you don't need a wired connection

actually, I do. My university blocks wireless connection for consoles, but they have no way to block wired.

Thats pretty stupid. If you have a gamestop nearby they might have something. The wii originally was released with wired connections via usb. I am pretty sire the wii u won't have something for that, but it miggt be worth going to someone at a play n trade or something for that kind of thing. Theres rip offs all over the net and not many here if any realy play consoles.

$10.

1 Like

Lol okay guys, I said I was trying to get AROUND that, as in not have to get one, but I get it. I'll stop being a cheap bastard and buy one.

If you have a laptop you could set it up as a wireless AP and connect the wii U to that.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot, and hopefully the connection will be stable.

I think i have hat exact adapter on my wii u. It's cheap, works. If you want one immediately and live near a Best Buy, they sell one made by belkin that works. Never tried over hdmi though