Wifi m.2 enable in M710q BIOS that did not originally have wifi?

I’m trying to add a second ethernet port to a Lenovo M710q using one of the options discussed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/homelab/comments/13fsbwp/adding_another_nic_to_a_lenovo_m710q_sff_pc_for/

The adapter works fine in other computers.

In this Tiny it seems to get some power but just blinks an orange link light, never gets recognized in any OS or Lenovo hardware diagnostics, and never a green/active link light.

I thought the slot might be broken, maybe I broke it by shorting the adapter against something when I first installed it (after it didn’t work at first I used tape to prevent shorts… probably should have done that to begin with)

However I went into the BIOS because some computers can disable certain IO or PCIe ports and don’t see any reference at all to an m.2 Bluetooth/wifi slot enable/disable or any network options at all except options related to onboard Ethernet. This M710q originally had 2 serial ports in the back panel and no wifi so maybe the m.2 wifi slot is disabled and not possible to enable?

Anybody else have one of these with wifi and can confirm what the BIOS looks like? Could there be a different BIOS for units that originally shipped with/without wifi? Or is my hardware just broken?