Why I don't use Linux

Hope I am correct. It's what I know about it.

There are a view projects. But you never will be able to produce the "power" we get from the big guys in small quantities.

just google "open source laptop"

http://www.kosagi.com/w/index.php?title=Novena_Main_Page

Though if you are talking NSA putting their fingers im any pies, I wouldn't put it past them to of already heavily compromised Ubuntu repos by having dormant weaknesses inserted in all the popular apps(chromium, Firefox, libreoffice, etc...).

It's better than nothing. But isn't Quad-core Cortex A9 CPU with NEON FPU made by Apple?

They use that architecture ... but its from ARM
http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a/cortex-a9.php

So anyone licensing it can make it. No idea who makes the one on this boar though

Meh, it's not all that simple to compromise open source software lolz

But they don't really have to, they have all the routers, all the nodes, all the servers, etc... already.

What is funny though, is that it does nothing for them... did you read about the Russian satellite that just "parked" itself between US military and communications satellites for a few months, and then flew away... did you also read about the ability to hack systems with radiowaves over shorter distances? It so cracks me up how the entire display of power is always a display of lack of power in the end... Hegel and all that lolz... you can't argue with science and entropy...

Yes, I found that a great great pun ... actually realy funny.

With a wired Headset attached and siri/corana running if I am not wrong

Indeed, it immediately reminded me of the wooden emblem the Russians gave the US ambassador in Berlin which gave them a great bug into his office for 5 years or so before they even discovered it. They actually offed agents that were saying that the Russian had a bug in the office because they didn't believe them and thought they had turned double agent and were feeding them false info... spies will spy, I don't care, as long as there is a democratic and functional legal system that protects citizens against their war games and as long as the whole game doesn't become corporate commercial... but that's exactly what the US has been doing wrong for so long... And they're so paranoid and scared lolz... I wouldn't want to work for Facebook or Google or Microsoft or Intel for that matter, imagine there is a big breach, and they don't know where it comes from, what are they going to do, start offing network people that work at those companies? Speaking of which.. what are the stats on the number of accidental deaths of employees of those companies lolz...

I mean it devilish =) totally passive and only worked when radiated with high power microwaves. Which allegedly led to the ambassador and other personnel feeling sick during meetings.. as the radiation effected them ^^

Imagine this: the Russians or Chinese have hacked their way into the software of the Japanese or German X-ray machines that are used to screen computer hardware items that are used in Langley, and the code inside this hardware has already been checked to not contain any spyware, but they are X-rayed to verify if they don't contain odd items. By X-raying with the X-ray machines, the code is altered to program the hardware with specific Russian or Chinese spyware.

Oh boy, what have I done, tomorrow they'll all be typin on typewriters at Langley lolz...

You mean like Russia does for a view years now? Russian state agencies bought thousands of typewriters two or so years ago.

I know open source is harder to fuck with just because of its nature, but that's the point I was making. They are dedicated to fucking with other people's shit and for better or worse, they are pretty good at it.

Because that really happened for five years without someone noticing. High powered Microwaves coming from a wooden emblem and for five years.... Somehow I dont' think that's true

Edit: I mean the power. No way that an emblem is going to be big enough to produce that much radiation for five years

I think you don't understand the way that works. It's basically resonance, there is no high powered microwave necessity in modern terms, for our modern standards, where we bombard ourselves with microwaves all the time (50 mW Wi-Fi, since ac now also in the 5 GHz band, so double the dose, then bluetooth, GSM, all kinds of PTT walkie applications, RF remotes, etc... all of those are microwaves).

The emblem itself would never have emitted microwaves. It just contained a passive resonator. From an adjacent building, a microwave emitter would have been fired onto the emblem (through walls and all, doesn't matter), and that would cause the bug in the emblem to resonate. The bug contains a membrane, that adds modulation according to sound waves. When the resonance is captured (in the same way resonance from micro-electronics can be captured, in this instance, they just used microwaves, none other than high frequent radiowaves), it's possible to add the original signal out-of-phase, so that what remains is just the modulation, in essence the audio that was captured by the bug.

No microwaves came from the emblem, and they were using high frequent radiowaves themselves all the time. High frequent radiowaves are very narrow band, very selective, if you don't know the exact frequency, and if they are not emitted all the time, and if you don't know what you're looking for, it's very hard to even discover them. Now with SDR and small powerful computers that can run complex software, it's much easier, but back in the 1950's, it would be almost impossible to detect. Of course, back then the signal would also be analogue. Meanwhile, all signals are digital, and digital signals can be modulated in so many more ways, using modulation algorithms that are very hard to detect.

The emblem is totally passive. See @Zoltan detailed explanation.

Man i get ya.....
I use windows as my daily driver, i play games like AC, Swtor, CSGO, AOE etc so i need windows
I run a consultant business, my clients use windows, I use skype because customers do (as much as i hate it), i also use Adobe CS6. I'm also a part time Sysadmin/Network Tech guess what its all windows (minus the cisco IOS stuff duh).
But my firewall, NAS and PBX and my workstation(ubuntu gnome) all linux, I RDP when i need windows.
Its unfortunate that most (desktop) linux distro aren't polished enough for normal everyday people and that AAA gaming title aren't linux
My last job linux popped up a bit (fast food chain used Red Hat terminal clients just an example) and the other tech didnt have a clue, even if you dont WANT to use it, its a handy skill even if you just understand the basics

Really? how many years ago?

Try Discord, its 500% better than skype.
https://discordapp.com/

2013 there is a
BBC article I found: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-23282308
and an RT article: https://www.rt.com/news/typewriters-russia-order-surveillance-975/

HAHAHA when Microsoft first bought out skype antivirus heuristics flagged it like crazy.

1 Like

@extremegeek7 ,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, i use Linux all the Time, for me i don't have any issues. I use Linux in a relay Business environment. I must accept, yes Linux is't all ready for a lot of things, but i have learn to find alternatives an the open-source World, you find everything you want, but the learning course is a lot different. At the time Linux is evolving pretty sweet a lots of support coming from the community an Businesses like Canonical,Red Hat an Valve. Steam ass all ready 1500 Titles for Linux that's relay amazing. So i hope i helped you by sharing my thoughts. An maybe another day, Linux will run on your Lenovo ThinkPad . (without the fish crap) Have a nice Day.